Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can barely stand my 18month old anymore

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So, my 18 month old will be 19months on Friday. He is really sweet when he is happy. However, that's the problem. He is never happy. All he does is scream, and not just for a min, but for 20min at a stretch, and it's the screaming top of the lungs thing. And he only stops for a few min before he is back at it. 

No matter what started it, whether it be one of the older 2 took something, or had something that DS wanted, or it be that he was told no, or if I walk past him without picking him up, he screams and screams and screams. It won't matter if I hold him, give him his sippy, give him a toy, tickle him, give him a snack, etc, all his needs are met, he just screams. 

I just can't stand to be around him when he does this, and I just want to leave. Go somewhere where I do not have to deal with him anymore. I hate feeling this way, because I do love him, but his screaming it absolutely ridiculous. My other 2 were never this bad. I keep telling myself he will grow out of it, but it's not really helping. 

And, no there is nothing medically wrong. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Replies (51-54):
MamaRockstarOf2
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM
My baby was jus like that! I blamed it first on the "terrible 2s" arriving....my magic trick!Saying "no,that's not how we get our way" and then placing the child in a highchair w/ a coloring book and crayons and tellin them to calm down and make mommy a pretty picture!Art helps gets ut frustration =) works for adults too lol.but seriously! I swear to god it works! Made my daughter relax ever time =) good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom36
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM

my daughter was like that..now she is 19 and i miss all that crying lol. enjoy it while you can

neclark18
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Omg I totally thought you meant for the baby, I was going to say "ARE YOU CRAZY" but I re-read and understand. Wow, things really can be easily confused on the internet. I agree!!! I also understand about getting stressed about a screaming baby, but still. Anti-depressents might help the stress also, maybe she has PTSD or the mom version of it. Sometimes I feel like I do, but I just have to take my time to relax while she is sleeping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. Maybe you need to get help, go to the doctor and see if you can get some anti depressants or something. Thats awful

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Yes, sometimes people write it one way and it is read another lol

Quoting neclark18:

Omg I totally thought you meant for the baby, I was going to say "ARE YOU CRAZY" but I re-read and understand. Wow, things really can be easily confused on the internet. I agree!!! I also understand about getting stressed about a screaming baby, but still. Anti-depressents might help the stress also, maybe she has PTSD or the mom version of it. Sometimes I feel like I do, but I just have to take my time to relax while she is sleeping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. Maybe you need to get help, go to the doctor and see if you can get some anti depressants or something. Thats awful

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN