Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teen pregnancies are not anything to be proud of!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Teen pregnancy isn't a Damn badge of honor! It means some little girl who should have been doing something age appropriate was having sex! Not cute! Not something to be proud of. Sad! Sad! Sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Replies (281-290):
happy.go.lucky
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a teen mom. I'm not proud of it. Sometimes I wish I had done it differently but life's too short to spend all my time regretting past decisions. I am now 28 with an almost 11 year old and an almost seven year old. We have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. They don't want for much. My kids and I have seemed to come out on the other side relatively unscathed and for that I am proud. Make of that what you will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jes23011
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

i  agree! i believe taht all people that put all teen moms in the same catagory are just as immature and wrong as the pregnate teen! get over yourself! i know soooo many teen moms that are great moms.!

Quoting Kaidensmom2011:

That ur judging all teen moms unfairly yeah I'd say it does

cmc638
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

not something to be proud of i agree. not something to be ashamed of either. it happens get over it

cmc638
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM

there should be a love button for this comment

Quoting BrookeFarmer:

It is unsurprising that this post is anonymous.

You are attacking and judging people you know nothing about and don't have the courage to attach your name to your convictions.

If you were truly concerned about the impact of teen parents on society you would be better serving that issue by providing a sense of community to those parents and offering advice and support. Being a teen parent is a very difficult road. My son is thirteen years old now. And I pray he chooses an easier life than his father and I had. But people like you are a bigger boil on society than a hard working teen mom who is just doing the best she can.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Teenage sex is acutually age appropriate and normal and natural. It's society which makes teen sex and pregnancy not good because we have high school and college and jobs to be able to PAY for everything.

That being said, no teen pregnancy is not something to be proud of, but turning a bad situation into a good one and becoming the best parents possible is admirable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Teens should not be having sex. Maybe if the current teen parents where taught how pathetic it is they can save the next generation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregers2011
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I completely agree......It is definitely nothing to be proud of.  And if you are proud of that, something is definitely wrong.

mirabile_visu
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My teen pregnancy IS something to be proud of. It got my ass on the right track really quickly. My beautiful son is 5 TODAY and I couldn't be more happy that he came into my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Teens should not be having sex. Maybe if the current teen parents where taught how pathetic it is they can save the next generation.

I highly doubt that the teens parents are encouraging them to have sex! We, as parents, can teach our kids the best to our ability, but they still have minds of their own and we can't keep them locked up at home 24/7

mirabile_visu
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I think there are quite a few other moms (older) that pregnancy isn't cute on either. A person's age doesn't determine their ability to parent a child. It's whether or not they WANT the child - even if he/she was an accident. It's how the person handles the situation. I'm seeing a lot of people reply to this who've had teen pregnancies and MADE something of their life...

I am very happy with my life despite the fact that I had a child at 17. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Next time you're going to be judgemental and base something off of someone's age, have the guts to uncheck the anon box. This is the equivalent of people underestimating a child's ability to do something. They're a lot smarter than you think. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Teen pregnancy isn't cute! Plain and simple! And for society to just encourage this sad epidemic. . Is disgusting

Quoting Kaidensmom2011:

That ur judging all teen moms unfairly yeah I'd say it does

Erica
Married to TJ 9-27-2011
Eric Lee 1-03-2007 via c-section
Gideon James 10-10-2011 via c-section

I love my boys! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured