Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

I have been out of work for a while. The help of my neighbors and family has been so overwhelming and appreciated. I love them so much for all they do for me and my little girl when it is not even their responsibility. I will make sure that I pay it forward as soon as I can.

Anywho, like I said above, I am unemployed. My daughter is 1 as most of you know. I have saved up $23 in gift cards from doing surveys at amazon and I am hoping to at least get another $5-10. My question is, is it really that important that she has a big Christmas? I know I am probably only going to be able to get her 1 toy with that and maybe 1 or 2 outfits and thats a huge maybe!

I am not above asking for help for anything when it pertains to my little girl. I would rather her have more than me. I literally have 1 pair of pants to my name that are all messed up and holey but she always has outfits or stuff that she needs whenever I do get money from doing surveys (Paypal e-cash). I will sacrifice anything for her so if I have to try toys for tots or something I will but I WANT TO DO THIS MYSELF! I feel sick knowing that if she is supposed to have a good Christmas I might not be able to do it myself.

Okay so I am rambling. Anyway, so does it have to be a big thing? Can I pass on just little stuff since she is only 1?

♥♥♥Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your HEART♥♥♥

♥♥♥Brielle: My heart, soul and existence! God's Gift! Mommy's Angel♥♥♥

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

what do you remember from your first christmas?

there you go.

.lovemygirls.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:47 AM
My DD2 is 7 months, she has 2 toys. She doesn't get it yet imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Quoting dmarie2101:

what do you remember from your first christmas?

there you go.

That made me LOL. Thanks. I never looked at it that way. I guess knowing she is my only (and probably will be) child, I just figured her official first Christmas would be something big!

Mami2oneboy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Its just another day for her, don't worry she won't remember it, as long as she's clothed and fed that's what's important.
on a site note since you do that have you try swag bucks? To earn amazon cards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Quoting .lovemygirls.:

My DD2 is 7 months, she has 2 toys. She doesn't get it yet imo

Yeah I guess I probably will just end up using that money to get clothes. Amazon's seperates are a little high for me but I think Ill manage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Chances are she will just play with the boxes and wraping paper anyway and not the toys. I personally would get her a few small gifts and not worry about how much she had. She won't really remember it. And she will have just as much fun regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
V_Arista
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:50 AM
She is 1!!! She won't remember! And if you can't do it then you can't do it! It's understandable! Just enjoy the time you spend with her on the holiday! It's not all about gifts! My ds2 1st Christmas wasn't great! I didn't have slot of money. I got what I could. We didn't even have a big tree. Just a small 1 with a few ornaments! It's not that big of a deal! Babies at that age are happy with anything to play with!!! Go to the dollar tree! Doesn't have to be $10 toy!!! Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Its just another day for her, don't worry she won't remember it, as long as she's clothed and fed that's what's important.
on a site note since you do that have you try swag bucks? To earn amazon cards.

Yes! I have claimed $15 in swagbucks in the last year! I love them!

cassnadrajones
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:51 AM

My DD is 20 months. If you ask her what christmas is she will just say Santa time. Young children really have no clue what it is. I say dont get her anything. You NEED clothes. She wont even remember it the next day. 

Ataemommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Take it from the mom of 3. The first three Xmases, you skimp. Then you start spending money, because they notice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)