Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

So back when I was 10th grade I was in love with this guy I was devestated when he told me we had to break up. I found out a week later that he and his family were moving to Texas and he didn't want to hurt me by telling me this and risking a long term long distance relationship since he was going into the army. Well he and I have been talking to each other for the past 3 years. He just got out of the army in July. He is staying in Texas since he can go to school for free out there. Well he told me tonight that he still loves me and he wants to make me happy. (I have been married for almost 4 years and I haven't been happy for a long time.) He tells me I'm gorgeous all the time and gets frustrated when I tell him I'm not. He always tells me something new for why I am gorgeous. He sits there and tells me he wishes that he would have run away with me so he could have been with me forever. He is such a sweet guy! I think I am falling for him again. Everytime I talk to him I get butterflies. He is planning a trip up here in the next couple of months he wants to meet up with me so we can catch up. Now my Dh is a very jealous guy and well I know he won't allow me to go and see him. I want to see him so bad. He was my first love and I think I will always love him. I'm thinking about just going to see him and not telling DH.

Now DH is a good guy, but he belittles me and makes me feel like I am nothing. I don't do anything right and he is constantly yelling at me. I'm told that I am not a mom I will never be anything without him and I will never get away from him. UGH! HELP!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mehamil1
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:44 AM

What state are you in? What he is doing is verbal abuse and it's not right. That's not how you treat someone and you certainly don't deserve it. I can understand how the other guy would be appealing under circumstances like this. 

Your husband is not a "good guy" if he's treating you that way. I would recomend finding a way out of that relationship unless he's willing to go to counseling and change his behavior. I would NOT recomend starting a relationship with this other guy while still married to your husband. I've seen this go wrong too many times. 

You do not deserve this. This is not your fault. You should not be treated this way. There is a way out should you choose to leave. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:59 AM

I am in Ohio we've tried counseling and it didn't work. I don't want to start a relationship with him, I just want to go and talk to him and catch up since it's been 6 years. I would leave but I have no where to go.

Quoting mehamil1:

What state are you in? What he is doing is verbal abuse and it's not right. That's not how you treat someone and you certainly don't deserve it. I can understand how the other guy would be appealing under circumstances like this. 

Your husband is not a "good guy" if he's treating you that way. I would recomend finding a way out of that relationship unless he's willing to go to counseling and change his behavior. I would NOT recomend starting a relationship with this other guy while still married to your husband. I've seen this go wrong too many times. 

You do not deserve this. This is not your fault. You should not be treated this way. There is a way out should you choose to leave. 

redredhead
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:01 AM
Not to say the situation with your DH is a good one, but the grass is always greener on the other side... :\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:12 AM
10th grade? You do realize that wasn't a real relationship, right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:15 AM

We had been together for 2 years. In 10th grade is when everything had happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

10th grade? You do realize that wasn't a real relationship, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)