Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh no , I feel like a shit mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I didn't want to be this mom ,  but I fear that I am ,  I don't know why I have started doing this ,  its all my problem  I'm stressed I am in a house with people I don't want to be and I am alone with my daughter pretty much 24/7  with no physical help ( I get finacial help and stuff ) and I am lonely , but lately I feel like I have been uncessasarily short tempered with  dd she isn't  even that frustrating at all!   and  yesterday I yelled at her and smacked her butt to hard and today I pushed her off the couch ( I didn't mean for her to fall off  but I was trying to push her away quickly)  because she was about to spill juice and the thought of my mom yelling at me for an hour about it was more then i could handle,  I feel so awful and I  don't know what to do ,  my dd barely  deserves to be yelled at , she is like the ghandi of 2 year olds,  let alone spanked  , she is so sweet and mellow and loving and such a peach I hope I can handle myself in the future and not ruin her,

this single mom thing can just be so overwhelming

( i don't need anyone telling me that this was mean and not ok i know that )

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get counselling and let my MOST TRUSTED friend/family member keep DD for a weekend. you may need time alone. and def try the counselling, it can help anyone regardless of situation. I hope you get to being yourself again soon. :(
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Quoting LLbaby143:

I would get counselling and let my MOST TRUSTED friend/family member keep DD for a weekend. you may need time alone. and def try the counselling, it can help anyone regardless of situation. I hope you get to being yourself again soon. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRockett
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM
I'm not a single mom and my nine month old drives me crazy. Kids are hard. Just try to walk away for a minute when you can to cool off before dealing with whatever is going on. Also, switch to white grape juice or something else that won't stain so there's less to stress over. Also, if your mom chooses to yell for and hour over and accident caused by a two year old that's her issue. I'd just apologize and offer to fix or clean or replace whatever and walk away from the yelling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagreen08
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Keep your chin up. Remember that she is only 2 and you are the adult who has control over your emotions/feelings better than she. However, don't beat yourself up. Being a parent can be hard. I couldn't imagine being a single mom ... so kuddos for you.

Try doing fun activites around the house. Turn the music up and have a dance session with her ... and dance your frustrations out while enjoying time with her.

haymanisourson
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM
I know how you feel! You obviously love your dd if you are feeling guilt. Having no help is really tiring which will cause you to get short tempered with her. Like pp said, I think you should try to get some time to yourself. Hugs mama, it'll get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM
I FEEL and have felt the same way many times over the years with my three kids...to th epoint where I have cried over myself hitting, punishing or screaming at them..its hard being a single mom...I know... And my temper sucks sometimes....I love them though..tons...id be lost without them...dont beat yourself up...just be aware...and count to ten when your frustrated..other than that..idk..I am in the same boat..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Quoting LLbaby143:

I need to get my health insurence sorted out , also I have no one to babysit if i go to conciling  lol   and I seriously have no one who has the time to babysit , my mom as it is is bitching about babysitting and the one day a week I try and go out because she works full time and only has two days a week off and she wants those days for herself (on tuse she babysits while I go to schoo in the moriming )  I am trying really hard to get her into daycare but its hard!  I am honestly in a bind and I am trying to get my drivers license , but the same problem of no one being there to watch the baby presents itself,  I am in a bind right now..

VertaBaybee
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:33 PM

hugs

HappyMama85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:48 PM

It's overwhelming sometimes. Don't let it get the best of you. If I'm feeling like that I usually go to another room and punch a pillow a few times or something to get my anger out so I don't take it out on my son. Hope it gets better for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)