Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are any people (as in those being raped)  at fault when they are raped in any circumstance?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

The only person at fault is the RAPIST. No fucking means NO

mommasbabies77
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No one who has been raped is at fault, EVER, and if your post said that, I didn't see it or would not have answered. A prostitute can be raped, as can someone in the suburbs like me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberShafer1027
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Honestly, no one is at fault for being raped. The only one who is at fault is the rapist. Yes, these days there are many girls who dress and act like they are completely willing, but it doesn't mean they really are. Anyone who rapes some one should be burned alive after being tortured. It happened to me when I was 14 years old and honestly since then it has been hard for me to trust any male. The only man I trust is my fiance, but it took almost 5 years to gain complete trust. It isn't something that any woman (or male) should ever have to face.

wagners7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think rape is ever the victim's fault, however there are situations that can make it more likely to occur and people need to be smart about their actions.  But just because a person is under the influence or dressed a certain way or whatever doesn't give another person the right to violate them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:03 AM
I got blackout drunk at a party, my best friend who was completely sober had sex with me. That happened years ago and I still haven't figured out if it was rape and if I was at fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Doesn't sound like a very good best friend. IMO, that is rape. Anytime someone has sex with another without their consent, it's rape. You had no choice in the matter and therefore you were violated. That person would no longer be my friend.

Quoting Anonymous:

I got blackout drunk at a party, my best friend who was completely sober had sex with me. That happened years ago and I still haven't figured out if it was rape and if I was at fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseofFeast
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I'm not sure. A potential boyfriend of mine gave me some weed that had been laced with god-knows-what and I got higher than I'd ever been in my entire life...

We started making out and by the time I realised that it had moved on to sex...I couldn't get my mouth to work. I feel like I was violated, but I never said "no".

(He did know that I wanted to wait before having sex.)

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:13 AM
He isn't. It took a while for me to realize that though. I think its because I have no memory at all of what happened. I know it did happen, I just don't know how or why.

Quoting Jess0915:

Doesn't sound like a very good best friend. IMO, that is rape. Anytime someone has sex with another without their consent, it's rape. You had no choice in the matter and therefore you were violated. That person would no longer be my friend.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Lets say im shopping and in the check out line and realize I forgot milk.  I leave my purse in the cart and run 12 isles over to the back of the store.  I come back and my purse is gone.  Stealing my purse is wrong.  It is a crime and for that someone is likely to be arrested.  I can blame the other person all I want but the fact is im the one who is paying the price.  I would rather take my purse with me to protect myself.

No man should touch me without consent.  That doesnt mean I will go to a club half naked and walk home alone.  That doesnt mean I dont lock my doors when my husband isnt home.  A woman should always protect herself.  Rape is never her fault but you should do everything you can within reason to protect yourself.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:23 AM

When we go to certain events I know Im going to get drunk.  My sisters wedding last summer was one of them.  We made arrangements to get home, to get the kids home before the drinking got out of hand, etc.  Another thing my husband always asks before we drink too much is if I want to have sex that night.  We have been together over 20 years and have never had sex that wasnt consentual.  It has NEVER been an issue.  He knows I love sex yet he will not have sex with me if im too drunk to consent.  Seriously!

He also will teach this to our son.  Do not ever touch a girl that is too drunk to consent.  Even if you have had sex with her a thousand times she always has the right to say no.  I have even told him if im to drunk to say no he can do me.  Nope, a woman must say yes each time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He isn't. It took a while for me to realize that though. I think its because I have no memory at all of what happened. I know it did happen, I just don't know how or why.

Quoting Jess0915:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)