Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are any people (as in those being raped)  at fault when they are raped in any circumstance?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM
I've been raped multiple times in vastly different scenarios, by different men. I still think they were my fault. If I had been stronger, if I had spoken louder, if I had fought harder, I wonder if I could have prevented them. I had my nipples pierced once, and I was drunk with my roommate. She left, her boyfriend came over... In my own bed, even. When I started screaming, he grabbed those piercings and twisted until I shut up. They bled for three days, and I took them out so they couldn't ever be used against me again. Another time, my boyfriend thought I was cheating on him because the apartment "smelled like sex" and raped and beat me to punish me, then made me sleep on the couch (no, I didn't cheat). Logically, I know they weren't my fault. Psychologically, I blame myself 100%. I keep thinking that it wouldn't have happened to me so many times if I didn't deserve it. Idk. I probably need therapy or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:58 AM

It's never ok, no matter what you are doing, to be forced to have sex against your will.  Period, end of story.  There's no circumstance that makes it ok.

Jess0915
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM
I'm so sorry hun. I know what it's like and to feel that confusion. I was raped as well, but he was very sneaky about it. I was only 14 and a virgin so I didn't even know what was happening. He kept me up all night long talking until I passed out. I was confused, did I let it happen, was it my fault? But I realized years later he definitely violated me. Then I found out he did the same exact thing to my cousin when she was only 12. How sick and twisted. I was devastated, but realized it was not my fault and I was so angry. He stole something from me that he had no right to steal.

Quoting Anonymous:

He isn't. It took a while for me to realize that though. I think its because I have no memory at all of what happened. I know it did happen, I just don't know how or why.

Quoting Jess0915:

Doesn't sound like a very good best friend. IMO, that is rape. Anytime someone has sex with another without their consent, it's rape. You had no choice in the matter and therefore you were violated. That person would no longer be my friend.

Quoting Anonymous:

I got blackout drunk at a party, my best friend who was completely sober had sex with me. That happened years ago and I still haven't figured out if it was rape and if I was at fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:55 AM
I actually enjoy being raped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

TARA quit with me dumb ass posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM
It was NOT your fault.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been raped multiple times in vastly different scenarios, by different men. I still think they were my fault. If I had been stronger, if I had spoken louder, if I had fought harder, I wonder if I could have prevented them. I had my nipples pierced once, and I was drunk with my roommate. She left, her boyfriend came over... In my own bed, even. When I started screaming, he grabbed those piercings and twisted until I shut up. They bled for three days, and I took them out so they couldn't ever be used against me again. Another time, my boyfriend thought I was cheating on him because the apartment "smelled like sex" and raped and beat me to punish me, then made me sleep on the couch (no, I didn't cheat). Logically, I know they weren't my fault. Psychologically, I blame myself 100%. I keep thinking that it wouldn't have happened to me so many times if I didn't deserve it. Idk. I probably need therapy or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

No one deserves rape. A woman should be able to walk down the street buck naked and not have to fear being violated by someone with weak resistance and shallow conscience. I think its deplorable for anyone, especially a woman, to ever ask something like this. You clearly have never known a rape victime. All you need is to meet a single victim and you will never have to ask this question ever again.

Rockabye
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM

The only time it is their fault is when they are walking around daring someone to do something. It doesnt make it right and it doesn't make them need support and sympathy any less than someone who wasnt pretty much asking for it. I am only talking about the women who walk around in next to nothing by themselves after dark in a bad neighborhood. In my opinion that is just asking for trouble. Again I dont think they deserve any less sympathy for it unless of course they do it everyweek even after being raped.

Rockabye
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

No one deserves rape. A woman should be able to walk down the street buck naked and not have to fear being violated by someone with weak resistance and shallow conscience. I think its deplorable for anyone, especially a woman, to ever ask something like this. You clearly have never known a rape victime. All you need is to meet a single victim and you will never have to ask this question ever again.

I am a rape victim 2x of actual rape and 1 attempted. I know now for 2 of the situations I put myself in the place where i was succeptable to it and it could have been prevented if I had been smarter and not trying to prove a pointless point to everyone. Yes we should be able to walk around naked with no fear in a perfect world. Unfortunately this is not a perfect world and unless you have been living under a rock your entire life you know the way the world is and should act accordingly

Amirahca
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Woman r good at playing the victim. But they refuse to see how sick the world is and Chose to do things that will get them into these terrible situations.
Now With that said, I am NOT saying ALL woman put them selves in these situations. Bad things happen to good people sometimes, its unfortunate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)