Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are any people (as in those being raped)  at fault when they are raped in any circumstance?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Yes, a woman does have the burden of responsibility when it comes to ensuring her safety. She must be conscious of the dangers and conduct herself accordingly. However, the question was whether or not rape is ever justified and it isnt. Does that mean that a woman doesnt still have to be on alert and aware of her surroundings? No. However, even if she does put herself into a situation that is dangerous, that doesnt make it her fault when it happens. It is making women feel like they are to blame that deters so many women from ever reporting their rape. A lot of rape victims tend to place the blame on themselves. They shouldnt have worn that dress. They shouldnt have been in that place. They shouldnt have spoken to that person. It is never her fault and rape is never justified. Realistically, we cant put ourselves into situations that could harm us. However, rape isnt an affliction of the irresponsible. Rape happens in homes with locked windows and dead bolted doors too. Rape happens in the affluent communities and not just in economically deprived areas. Good people doing nothing but live their lives to the best of their abilities are raped. So, placing yourself into a dangerous situation may not be wise but it doesnt mean that rape is justified. It never will. 

Quoting Rockabye:

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

No one deserves rape. A woman should be able to walk down the street buck naked and not have to fear being violated by someone with weak resistance and shallow conscience. I think its deplorable for anyone, especially a woman, to ever ask something like this. You clearly have never known a rape victime. All you need is to meet a single victim and you will never have to ask this question ever again.

I am a rape victim 2x of actual rape and 1 attempted. I know now for 2 of the situations I put myself in the place where i was succeptable to it and it could have been prevented if I had been smarter and not trying to prove a pointless point to everyone. Yes we should be able to walk around naked with no fear in a perfect world. Unfortunately this is not a perfect world and unless you have been living under a rock your entire life you know the way the world is and should act accordingly

Rockabye
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:46 PM

The question was not whether rape was ever justified it was whether the victim is ever at fault

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Yes, a woman does have the burden of responsibility when it comes to ensuring her safety. She must be conscious of the dangers and conduct herself accordingly. However, the question was whether or not rape is ever justified and it isnt. Does that mean that a woman doesnt still have to be on alert and aware of her surroundings? No. However, even if she does put herself into a situation that is dangerous, that doesnt make it her fault when it happens. It is making women feel like they are to blame that deters so many women from ever reporting their rape. A lot of rape victims tend to place the blame on themselves. They shouldnt have worn that dress. They shouldnt have been in that place. They shouldnt have spoken to that person. It is never her fault and rape is never justified. Realistically, we cant put ourselves into situations that could harm us. However, rape isnt an affliction of the irresponsible. Rape happens in homes with locked windows and dead bolted doors too. Rape happens in the affluent communities and not just in economically deprived areas. Good people doing nothing but live their lives to the best of their abilities are raped. So, placing yourself into a dangerous situation may not be wise but it doesnt mean that rape is justified. It never will. 

Quoting Rockabye:

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

No one deserves rape. A woman should be able to walk down the street buck naked and not have to fear being violated by someone with weak resistance and shallow conscience. I think its deplorable for anyone, especially a woman, to ever ask something like this. You clearly have never known a rape victime. All you need is to meet a single victim and you will never have to ask this question ever again.

I am a rape victim 2x of actual rape and 1 attempted. I know now for 2 of the situations I put myself in the place where i was succeptable to it and it could have been prevented if I had been smarter and not trying to prove a pointless point to everyone. Yes we should be able to walk around naked with no fear in a perfect world. Unfortunately this is not a perfect world and unless you have been living under a rock your entire life you know the way the world is and should act accordingly

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Ok. No woman is at fault and I really feel so bad that you or any woman could ever feel that she is at fault. You have a god given right to be safe within your own body and mind and no one has the right to take that from you. Im sorry you feel that any woman would be at fault when it happens. 

Quoting Rockabye:

The question was not whether rape was ever justified it was whether the victim is ever at fault

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Quoting Rockabye:

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

teenmommy438
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:26 PM

no not in all the cases i am 16 years old with a child because of being raped and i am still trying to recover because i have ptsd and i tend to releve so ya i hope this awnsers your question

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM

wow for all the rape survivors like me this is not a good question to ask  NEVER is it a womans fault under any surcumstance EVER !!!!

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM

No, but society rather people be protective, rather than the animals have self-control.  Thus leading to the belief that victims are at fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Man you post a lot don't you have a sick daughter to take care of.. I mean you spend an awful lot of time on here for someone who is so concerned about her daughter you spend a lot of time consuming yourself with others...

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Ok. No woman is at fault and I really feel so bad that you or any woman could ever feel that she is at fault. You have a god given right to be safe within your own body and mind and no one has the right to take that from you. Im sorry you feel that any woman would be at fault when it happens. 

Quoting Rockabye:

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Quoting Rockabye:

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzypuppylove
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM

its never the womans fault

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

My bad. I didnt get the memo stating it was any of your business what I do. I dont have a daughter. As for my posting, I will be on 24/7 if I choose. I have the technology to be able to post whenever I want and from wherever I want. However, you are more than welcome not to read anything I write. Im sure you have a life to run so mine shouldnt be of so much interest to you. Oh and I am respionding without being anonymous. Insult from behind anonymity is all the more threatening. Whatever!

Quoting Anonymous:

Man you post a lot don't you have a sick daughter to take care of.. I mean you spend an awful lot of time on here for someone who is so concerned about her daughter you spend a lot of time consuming yourself with others...

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Quoting Rockabye:

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Quoting Rockabye:

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I suppose some of it was my fault. I was raped on a regular basis for nearly 9 months but I did nothing to stop after a while.  I had tried to stop it but it didn't work.  after a while it was just normal and I accepted it.  I suppose that's not really rape, then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN