Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are any people (as in those being raped)  at fault when they are raped in any circumstance?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
Salsi3e
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM

No women are at fault....Rape isn't even about Sex, it's about power. He knows he is robbing your soul. They will rape a woman weither she walk around naked or clothed from head to toe usually it is a hate crime against women related to their own personal issues and no woman should ever feel like it is her fault. When I was 14 my mother and I took a self defense class so I could be better prepaired in protecting myself because my mom warned me the only person you can truely trust is yourself. She told me to stay away from partying where drugs and alchol would be involved and said to me no one has a right to touch you or violate you, but it won't stop a person from trying. just always try to be aware of your surroundings. I can't imagine anything worse to go through.

arielsmomma1020
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Not necessarily...every situation is different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seksen
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Have had it happen twice - never never again would I want to have that feeling again!! It took me a long time to realize it wasn't my fault. I don't wish that upon anyone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM
What about me? I was drunk and at my best friends house for new years eve. I thought I could trust the people that she let in her house. We were all staying the night and he followed me into the bathroom and pinned me against a wall and tried to rape me. Later in the night he tried again in her kitchen. And what's sad is I was sleeping in my bff's living room after the rest of the house had gone to bed and he came in and finally succeeded. To this day my friend has no idea what really happened. I never told anyone that he raped me. He told her and her husband that I asked him to sleep with me, that I said everything he did was ok. I'm still afraid to tell her what happened. I'm just glad that they moved and I don't see him at their kids birthday parties anymore. I'm afraid for this summer, his niece is my bff's oldest's best friend...

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Not 100% but there is an element of personal responsibility in many cases. Some women think that all the responsibility should fall on the man but we need to realize that there are guys out there who will rape given the chance, always has been and always will be. If you get drunk or stoned and pass out alone in an alleyway or a strange guys bedroom then you are placing yourself in danger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM
I had sex with an ex of mine recently and it started consensual but then I kept telling him to stop and he didnt.i dont consider it rape, but I know it was my fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM

No. No. No.

And anyone who put blame on a rape victim are fucked up.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Thats is not your fault at all. No means NO. Whether you've done it once or a thousand times, even if you're in the middle of doing it and you want it to stop, HE should have stoped. Please don't blame yourself for what your POS ex did.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had sex with an ex of mine recently and it started consensual but then I kept telling him to stop and he didnt.i dont consider it rape, but I know it was my fault.

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM

This, but I'm still working on realizing it's not my fault. I was 8 and was at a frends house playing like any normal 8 year old. 

Quoting Anonymous:

yes i was raped. no it wasnt my fault. it took years for me to realize it though

HappyMama85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:44 PM

no

heartnhidin
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:47 PM

That does not give someone the right to rape someone

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Not 100% but there is an element of personal responsibility in many cases. Some women think that all the responsibility should fall on the man but we need to realize that there are guys out there who will rape given the chance, always has been and always will be. If you get drunk or stoned and pass out alone in an alleyway or a strange guys bedroom then you are placing yourself in danger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)