Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

guess i know how it will be when she gets here.

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM
  • 28 Replies
I am pregnent and my bf has recently stared a trend of going out after work (he does get off at 9pm) and stays out till only he knows when. He just turned 21 like I did but I am getting irritated that he is always out late basicly every night. I don't want to be the only one caring for our daughter but apparently that's what its going to be. Since he refuses to even get up before 10am and leaves for work at 11 even though he doesn't need to be there until 1230. Its really bugging me that I am going to basicly be doing everything when she is here. Maybe I am just being hormonal again and reading too far into it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I feel you.

When I was pregnant, DF started to go out way more often, and it always pissed me off. Of course I would always tell him about it, but after DS was born, he stopped going out so much.

grey7399
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 1:04 AM
2 moms liked this
you're not reading to far into it. its exactly what you think it is.
angelinanunn
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:35 AM
I really don't think it will stop though. He is still trying to do everything as if he didn't have a daughter coming. He even blows all of his paychecks and I am getting a little tired of it. It wouldn't be so bad but for the last 3 months he was going out 2-3 times a week, then he turned 21 and now it is a nightly thing and has been for about 3 weeks now. And it is really waring on my nerves. And when he goes out at night and then comes home late, he goes right to bed and doesn't wake up til 10-1030 if I try to get him up for any reason he is a total ass to me. And he doesn't have to be at work til 1230 but always leaves the house by 11 or earlier. There was one day this week he left the house at 930 and the night before he didn't get home til 1. I really hope it stops when she is born but so far I highly doubt it will. He enjoys his friends and life too much.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

I feel you.

When I was pregnant, DF started to go out way more often, and it always pissed me off. Of course I would always tell him about it, but after DS was born, he stopped going out so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Have you had talks about how is makes you feel? Do you have anyone to stay with? I can understand it seems like he finally just got to a legal age and all the sudden he has to settle down, that's scary for anyone. If you have someone to stay with, I would put my foot down tell him that you're not going to feel like a single parents when you have him, that you need his help even before the baby gets here and start making him put away some money, if he doesn't do it, leave until he shapes up.

Quoting angelinanunn:

I really don't think it will stop though. He is still trying to do everything as if he didn't have a daughter coming. He even blows all of his paychecks and I am getting a little tired of it. It wouldn't be so bad but for the last 3 months he was going out 2-3 times a week, then he turned 21 and now it is a nightly thing and has been for about 3 weeks now. And it is really waring on my nerves. And when he goes out at night and then comes home late, he goes right to bed and doesn't wake up til 10-1030 if I try to get him up for any reason he is a total ass to me. And he doesn't have to be at work til 1230 but always leaves the house by 11 or earlier. There was one day this week he left the house at 930 and the night before he didn't get home til 1. I really hope it stops when she is born but so far I highly doubt it will. He enjoys his friends and life too much.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

I feel you.

Amybelle
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

gonna have to agree with you....He doesn't sound too interested in playing house

B-FigNewton
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I would be having a talk with him. What he is doing now is setting things up for disaster.

angelinanunn
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I have tried to talk to him about it but he just fights with me about it and gets pissy. We are currently staying at my parents house, and I would just kick him out, but he litterally has no where else to go...

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Have you had talks about how is makes you feel? Do you have anyone to stay with? I can understand it seems like he finally just got to a legal age and all the sudden he has to settle down, that's scary for anyone. If you have someone to stay with, I would put my foot down tell him that you're not going to feel like a single parents when you have him, that you need his help even before the baby gets here and start making him put away some money, if he doesn't do it, leave until he shapes up.

Quoting angelinanunn:

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

I feel you.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Let him figure that out himself, he's got his friends he's out with all the time. Maybe kicking him out will be the thing that shapes him up.

angelinanunn
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Any ideas on talking to him? Every time I try it litterally ends in a disasterous fight followed by him staying out later and later... :( I keep asking him to come home and be with me, and help me, and that she might not be here yet but he needs to start acting like he has commitments, and every time I try to say something about it he just gets pissed off and starts yelling at me..

Quoting B-FigNewton:

I would be having a talk with him. What he is doing now is setting things up for disaster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM

You are most likely right. When I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter, I was so upset because I knew I would be the only one raising her. I was right. My husband doesn't do shit. He just assumes that the parenting is my job. Um.....I didn't crawl on top of myself and get myself pregnant! Pisses me off. I hate men!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)