Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about Weed/Pot???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok i personally have no problem with it an would totally understand if it was made legal in all states!!!.... However DH likes to smoke.... He will smoke when he gets home from work an before bed i sometimes do as well but only when the kids are gone for a night.... What are yalls thoughts on this subject????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Replies (61-70):
Halliesmommy215
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I sometimes smoke at night when my DD is asleep to wind down. We both don't do it in front of our kid or anyone else's. The only exception is if I feel a migraine coming or bad PMS I might go in the garage and smoke one hit and come back inside. I don't act much different when I'm high just more relaxed and sometimes more patient with my daughter. If a person chooses to smoke whether it be for pain or just to relax, they should have that right. Who am I to judge what a person does with their free time as long as it isn't hurting anyone?

ashellbell
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM
I agree. Anyone who smokes pot all day every day is irresponsible. People who use it responsibly are not potheads.

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Pothead parents are not responsible, imo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YngCollegeSMom
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM
4 moms liked this

And last but not least

Yup...that sums up about how I feel about pot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Yes thank you for your opinion an thoughs an story as well.... But one question sence u SEEM like a smart lady... Did i ask what you thought about me personaly???... No, but thanks i think it takes an idiot to know Idiot.... Thanks :D

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex husband was big on weed and part of why we divorced was because of that. It SHOULD NOT be made legal, ever. 

I have never tested any type of drug, and I'm proud to be able to tell my kids that. If my dh started smoking weed, I would leave him in an instant, no question about it. 

Don't bash me. I HAVE done my research. I don't care how "natural" or "safe" you think it is. You're an idiot and shouldn't have children if you can't make intelligent decisions. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM

This...My husband smokes morning, noon, and night--never around the kids--cuz he has anxiety and it doesn't knock him out like the meds do. I can't really function on it cuz I just wanna eat and go to bed when I do it lol...So, I usually do it at night before bed with him (kids are in their rooms asleep) if I can't sleep or am in pain or something. Now, my SIL does it ALL the time around her kids--I mean, foggy room, kids with red eyes, etc....drives me insane! She's lost her kids before and gotten them back--the system has really failed her kids...but that's another rant lol

Quoting .Pagan.:

i have no issue with it. treat it like you should alcohol...don't partake before driving and don't get smashed when you are supposed to be taking care of your child.

YngCollegeSMom
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Quoting ashellbell:

I agree. Anyone who smokes pot all day every day is irresponsible. People who use it responsibly are not potheads.

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Pothead parents are not responsible, imo.

I mean I can totally see where you are coming from... which leads to my next question...Do you smoke weed on a regular basis or at all?

I work 2 jobs and I go to school full time with a GPA of 4.0. My SO works full time and holds a very respectable job. We both smoke weed on a regular basis. We do not smoke around our child and he doesn't know we do it. We encourage him to stay away from drugs. However, we do educate him on the levels of severity of drugs and the effects of each mentally, physically, and long term. He is 10 years old so its about that age that he hear it from us and not someone else.

No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM

It wasn't only directed to you. It was toward everyone who chooses to smoke weed without a medical reason and a prescription. 

Did you begin this post just to start shit with people? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes thank you for your opinion an thoughs an story as well.... But one question sence u SEEM like a smart lady... Did i ask what you thought about me personaly???... No, but thanks i think it takes an idiot to know Idiot.... Thanks :D

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex husband was big on weed and part of why we divorced was because of that. It SHOULD NOT be made legal, ever. 

I have never tested any type of drug, and I'm proud to be able to tell my kids that. If my dh started smoking weed, I would leave him in an instant, no question about it. 

Don't bash me. I HAVE done my research. I don't care how "natural" or "safe" you think it is. You're an idiot and shouldn't have children if you can't make intelligent decisions. 

mommybug77
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM

it will not be done in our house & if my kids do it while under age or living with us we will kick their behinds.

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM

if there is nothing medically wrong with you, then you shouldn't even have it... and by medically, i mean: MS, HIV, AIDS, Cancers etc.. something you can't take a freaking Advil for. something with no cure.... a disease that makes it hard to function, because of constant pain.. i have chronic Migraines, and a bunch of other fun stuff.. you won't see me with anything but an Ibuprofen.. i'm not a dramatic person.. i know my pain is nothing compared to the terminally ill...

brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the people who talk down about it are hilarious.

It's not an impairing state of mind, just a mellow one. It does help a lot of medical issues, and yes some people abuse it, just like they do everything else, but the amount of people who abuse it compared to the amounts of people who abuse other things like alcohol is very dismal. Research people, research. No one has OD'd on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)