Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

divorcing for unhappiness?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

could/ would you divorce for just unhappiness? no cheating, no abuse, just straight up unhappiness and some arguing? and no sex, no romance, just roomates basically, and your husband wont go to counceling with you? but then again......divorcing would upset and sadden your families.....all this......you still do have some good days dont get me wrong.....like....still getting along some......but still not.......marriage-like?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:04 PM
5 moms liked this
Yes because you only live once and everyone deserves happiness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navybeauty88
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM
4 moms liked this
If I had exhausted all my options and that had been going on for years, yes I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Quoting navybeauty88:

If I had exhausted all my options and that had been going on for years, yes I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
somethingtosay
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:09 PM
10 moms liked this

No way.  This is the part of "marriage" where the most work is done.  To me, "commitment" means choosing to make it work.  FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE.  If my dh abused me I'd leave him for sure, but unhappiness needs to be resolved by ME.  Happiness is created within.. it is NOT the spouse's responsibility to make a person happy, it is the person's responsibility.  Try to get a hobby, make time for yourself, do things YOU enjoy, and come home and share them with your husband!  REMIND yourself WHY you loved him in the first place, or at least why you married him, and convince yourself to get back to that place.  On your own.  Good luck.

hellokittyy
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

if im married(which i never will be) and i tried working on my marriage and im just depressed and im doing everything i can and hes not ill get divorced. and i wouldnt care what my family wants they should want me to be happy 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:30 PM

but like.........what do you do about everything to make yourself happy.....just get your own life? what if thats not really possible cause of the TYPE of person HE is.....?

cassnadrajones
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:35 PM

My mom always told me happiness is the key to marrige. If your not happy your not really married. However you just have to look at the repercussions before you do anything. 

mamma2B666
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Yes u only live once why be unhappy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 1, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Quoting navybeauty88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM
5 moms liked this

Absolutely not.  We all go through hard times, and the grass is never really greener on the other side.  All men have their own issues  - as do all women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)