Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My deceased Aunt spoke through my sleeping daughter.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

My aunt passed away and we went out of state for the funeral.  She had spent the last several months in and out of hospitals and nursing homes while fighting for her life.  Her only child “Anne” moved in to her house while taking care of her and it is now her house.  The day after the funeral we were at “Anne’s” house reminiscing on old times and past memories with the family.  It was about 2AM and we heard a door loudly creak open.  It was the door to my Aunt’s bedroom and no one was near it as we were all sitting right next to each other.  We walked over and shut the door and it again opened back up even though it was shut tight – this time I was standing there and watched it with my own eyes.  We went back to the living room a bit unsettled, but again resumed talking about family. 

An hour or so later I went back to the other bedroom (across the hall from my Aunt’s) where my 5 year old daughter had fallen asleep.  As I was trying to put her coat and shoes on her, she said in her sleep, “He’s never…” curious I said, “He’s never what hun?” and she continued, “…never ever gonna get ‘Anne.’”  Well, this was a little odd and I went back to the living room to tell everyone what was said.  In my mind I thought she was just dreaming.  When I repeated what was said, my cousin’s face went white and she could barely gather the words to tell us that her mother had said that to her while in the hospital not long before she died.  Apparently it was about her previous step father and she was telling her how she had protected her when she was younger.  “Anne” said that my daughter had relayed her mother’s EXACT words.  There was no way my daughter knew what was said as I didn’t even know about it.  She had told some of the story to another family member, but not the exact words, nor were we even in the same state when she told the story. 

Upon waking up my daughter had no recollection of a dream or anything and we didn’t tell her what happened.  I am not sure what to make of all of it.   

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tabs0902008
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:23 PM

wow that is so crazyyyyy

bellanoelsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Creepy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:37 PM

idk what i would have done either. thats weird.

i would look at it as your aunt just reiterating her promise to her daughter. kinda like promising to still protect her, kwim?

im sorry about your aunt.

LCG83
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:54 PM
That's really cool! Sorry for your loss though. =[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

oh your story gave me goosebumps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Yeah we are viewing it as her letting her daughter know she was still watching out for her.  It was quite eerie though. 

Thank you for the kind words as well.  She had cancer and had been sick for quite some time.  We know she is not suffering anymore so it is for the best.

Jennifer_57
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:15 AM
After my brother passed I had heard his old school papers shuffling in his old room at my dads, the next day for his veiwing right as we were about to leav Max our oldest dogs my dad had since me and Loren my brother were kids, ran to Lorens door and laid in front of it, which he hadnt done since Loren had moved out years prior. And for the two weeks following his death, I constantly, several times a night woke up panicing and confused, during that time I got intense pains in my head that I had never had before, right above my right temple, and the other in between the side and back of my head that just hurt like crazy for short periods. The last night when I woke up panicing I was in the living room, not in my bedroom..typically id wake up and look around but the lights had been left on, so when I woke up that last time, I shot straight up, turned around and immediately looked into the dining room where I saw this huge blue orb a foot down from the ceiling, and it just stayed there. When I saw it my paniced feeling went away, and I knew it was him. I believe the pains in my head were what he felt when he died..when I learned how he died, I just wanted and pleaded to know how he felt when he went. He had accidently shot himself, the bullet had gone through his head, four walls, and stopped in a door. I saw one of the bullet holes where it was at his temple, and since have asked Harley his best friend where the bullet exited (this happened at his house and one person had seen it happened, everyone else ran down and police had made them stay there until forinsics was done and they knew no one had any weapons and tested their hands for residue. I believe the pains I had had was my brother answering my question to what he had felt, what had happened. and I believe he was with us during his veiwing. I know the orb I saw was him. Some people dont believe in things until they experience it for themselves. Spirits are one of them. And when you have that experience, its best to welcome it and not be scared. Some stuff, yah, at our old house I felt a very tense presence and when I looked across the room, the cell phone on the tv flew at me and almost hit me. its just finding a balance of accepting the good and letting the bad know they arent welcome. Idk if you believed before, but if not, once you have your first experience there will be more to come
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I did somewhat believe before, but this is my first experience with anything firsthand. 

kiaras_mommy
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM
After my great aunt passed (we were really close) people RAIDED her trailer for family heirlooms. Family members just pretty much took whatever they wanted. My mom was outraged. She took care of my aunt for years. Bathing her, cleaning her house, buying her groceries, and medication. My aunt had told her specific things she wanted to go to certain people.

About a year after she passed I had a "dream". It was so real. I was laying in bed and I looked up at the closet door. My aunt's hand moved to the closet door and she pulled herself up out of the closet. She came to my bedside and said, "Someone stole something from me, something they weren't supposed to have." I then asked her who would have stolen from her and she said, "Jeanie, she took it and it wasn't for her" Jeanie is my aunt. I then asked her how when I awoke would I know I wasn't just dreaming. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it until it literally burned. I woke up immediately. I was on my back and my hand was throbbing.

I told my mom and she thinks Jeanie may have taken something my aunt didn't intend for her when people were rummaging through her stuff after she died. I still haven't confronted my aunt Jeanie about it..

Sorry this post just reminded me of my experience. That is so cool that she gave you a message! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

CREEPY.

My grandpa, died in our old house. He pretty much lived in the basement. Only came up to cook our Sunday breakfasts. (Which I miss to death, they were always huge. And got us out of bed, because we would smell it, and I slept in the attic.)

But right after he died, my grandmother moved out, which I don't blame her, she found him in the basement. So it would just be me and my mom most of the time.

We would hear the basement door open and stay open, the stove on, the fridge open. And all we would have to say is "Sam go back to bed."

And the stove would turn off, the fridge would shut, and the basement door would shut.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN