Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wrote this already and it doesn't seem like it posted. Sorry if this shows up a 2nd time.

My DH went to work early one day, 2-1/2 hrs. I had a very stressful day with the two babies who had colds. I asked him to leave a half hour early which would mean he got 2 hours of O/T. He wouldn't compromise with me.

The next day, he said he was working late. Usually that means 1-2 hours. Instead, he comes home 5-1/2 hours later ! Yes, that's in addition to a normal 8 hr day. And he never bothered to call me at any point. I called him at work about 8 :00 pm to see what was up, and he said he was leaving soon, but wasn't home for another hour (commute time 20-30 min.).

I was resentful that the first time he wouldn't compromise with me, and he knew I was irritated. Then he pulls this the very next night?

I don't just have two babies. I have a dd in middle school, and 4 pets. I rely on my DH. We do chores together when he gets home...neither one of us gets break. I have not had time away from the children in well over a month. One baby gets up 1-3 times a night.

I know he's trying to provide for us and he's at work. But I resent the fact that he makes a decision regardless of my pleas that I'm stressed out and he won't even compromise a little. I think he could've given me that extra half hour, and I also think working 5-1/2 hours O/T was excessive, especially without calling me once that whole day.

I think hes being unfair. He acts like he doesn't see it. I think he just wants to play dumb so he can get his way.

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes you did. Whining about Oh my poor life. I won't shut up bc well now that I have you peeved its funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shut up! And for your information I was on iud, I didnt plan to get pregnant. Long haul is not easy. Once again I didnt say one time I was worse off. I wasnt even complaining.

Quoting newfound09:

No you need to stop being a cry baby. You signed up for this shit when your hubby decided to do long haul! Idgaf if your pregnancies are hard, if you can't handle it don't have another one! But you did and now you have to deal with it all while he is gone. The op isn't used to her husband doing this and she has every right to feel the way she does! Stop with "oh my life is so much worse then yours" bullshit. Remember there's always someone that has it worse. Worse than even a simple lon haul job.

Quoting Anonymous:

I cant stand it when women like you complain about hubby working long hours!! He is home every night in your bed and he is providing for your family. Quit crying about it!! He isnt out cheating on you.

my husband is a long haul truck driver, I am pregnant with our third baby. He just left tuesday and probably wont be back until right before christmas. I have a 10yr old & 2yr old. Plus I have high risk pregnancies and my last one I went into labor at 31weeks and had to go on bedrest. I have no family within 1000 miles of me and dont really have any friends. I have been praying the pregnancy goes well and as long as he is here for the birth ill be ok. But even if he isnt I wont complain. I have never spent a night away from our 2 yr old & we havent been out alone since my bday last year, in december. I dont ever get a break from my two year old. Even when hubby is home I let him rest & if he wants to help fine, if not I dont complain. Oh and did I mention the 2 yr old has never slept thru the night.

Quit being a weak crybaby! It is your job to take care of your husband, house & kids and if you chose to take on pets its your job too. As an adult and as a woman. Plus if you start to nag you are going to push him away.

God never gives us more than we can handle so you should pray to find a way to make it work.

Mena929
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Um. He is at work. I also wouldn't be complaining about OT. I get that it isn't easy to take care of the kids all day but I doubt he has it easy at work.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TMommyx2:

IMO I think you are wrong. He is working overtime to take of his family. You should step up and take your overtime too. He already works full time and overtime and you said he comes home and helps you with chores and your still unsatisfied. How much do you want from him?

i have to agree, he was working. its not like he was out joyriding with the guys (then i would understand you being upset). also maybe he is staying longer at work so he don't have to come home and do even more work, which imo is your responsibility. its not that difficult to keep a house fairly clean.

hottmommi42
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM
I don't think you are being whiney, but I know from experience that the more I push my husband to be home the more he stays at work. He asked me once if I would want to come home to screaming whiney kids and a demanding clingy stressed out wife? He had me on that one! Deep breaths, get out of the house alone if even for an hour (i k.ow its easier said than done, but you have a middle schooler and she's probably got a friend and they probably want to earn money.... Get what I am saying?) It's a rough, under appreciated job. But thank God that you get to do it and you don't have to pay someone else to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow.... My hubby is an otr trucker as well and just because he's gone a lot of the time doesnt mean he doesn't have responibilities at home as well. And I will complain and bitch about it all I want.

Quoting Anonymous:

I cant stand it when women like you complain about hubby working long hours!! He is home every night in your bed and he is providing for your family. Quit crying about it!! He isnt out cheating on you.
my husband is a long haul truck driver, I am pregnant with our third baby. He just left tuesday and probably wont be back until right before christmas. I have a 10yr old & 2yr old. Plus I have high risk pregnancies and my last one I went into labor at 31weeks and had to go on bedrest. I have no family within 1000 miles of me and dont really have any friends. I have been praying the pregnancy goes well and as long as he is here for the birth ill be ok. But even if he isnt I wont complain. I have never spent a night away from our 2 yr old & we havent been out alone since my bday last year, in december. I dont ever get a break from my two year old. Even when hubby is home I let him rest & if he wants to help fine, if not I dont complain. Oh and did I mention the 2 yr old has never slept thru the night.
Quit being a weak crybaby! It is your job to take care of your husband, house & kids and if you chose to take on pets its your job too. As an adult and as a woman. Plus if you start to nag you are going to push him away.
God never gives us more than we can handle so you should pray to find a way to make it work.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM

you need to be greatful...he works and overtime which means extra pay. he helps out.

There are sooooo...many women who's husbands are laid off and do jack chit to help out with the house and kids...there are so many men who do not lift a finger leaving their wives to feel like a single mom.

quit thinking about how tough your life is and think of how tough it isn't

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

BUMP!

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM
3 moms liked this

My DH isn't complaining about doing work at home. That isn 't even the issue.

Why do women always think they've got it good as long as their man isn't cheating or drinking?

Is that really the standard some women hold for themselves?

Woohoo. Yeah. My husband who took his vows just like I did, has decided not to cheat on me. I should worship the throne he sits on.

I'm a sahm. I'm not a doormat.

So I want the common courtesy of a phone call so I know he's not in an accident, or I know whether or not to put his dinner in the refrigerator, and I'm a whiney princess?

NVL0707
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Enlighten us almighty so we may learn the ways of your perfection! Lol get off your high horse lady!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clippingmom
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:44 PM

It is hard mine is gone ALOT to. I have 3 at home still and it has gotten ALOT easier since they are bigger and not babies. Like previous post said make plans and follow thru if DH can go along then great if not have fun. Every one has a different levels of needs

I however, if he has been home for a while am like " don't you have somewhere to go?" cause I am so used to it. I can drive to Florida all by myself with three kids and have been doing it for MANY MANY years......... Many of my friends are like "Never in a million years would I attempt that" well I am not sittn' home either! If that's the only way I got to get there then I am going!  I do it at least once a year if not more I love me some sun!!!!

I know it is hard but the more you complain the longer he will diddle at work. so maybe just try and smile when he gets home even if it has been 5 hours and no calls. Take a deep breath and say " My day was great, how was yours?" it is kinda out of the 50's but it really does work!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)