Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take before you conceived?

Posted by   + Show Post

How long were you with your dh,df,or s/o before you conceived?

I was with my df 5 almost 6 months when we found out we were pregnant with our dd.

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
Manderkinz1989
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM
If this is too personal, you do not have to answer, but was the surgery and fertility drugs extremely expensive?

Quoting bellanoelsmom:

My first was about 6 mo. My twins were about two years, I had to have surgery and fertility drugs. All my girls were well worth the wait!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2boysandgirl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM

My oldest son was born 2 years after we started dating. My younger son was born 2 years later. We had been married almost 2 years by that time. Our daughter was the only one we thought or talked about having. We had been married for 6 years by that time. It took about a month for me to get pregnant with her after coming off birth control.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM
We were 3 years and married for 3 months before we got pregnant with our first. So he was our special little anniversary present.
Ladywithtwo
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM
Ds was 1 1/2 year after we got together, we were not trying. Dd took over a year of trying but he was military so we only saw each other once a month lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM

with our 1st it took over 4 yrs. Ended up doing IVF

with our 2nd, he was the first naturally conceived baby. He didn't come until after 8 yrs of marriage. I did not want to go through IVF again and thankfully, I didn't have to.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM

a month with our first and 3 years with our second. we've been together 7 yrs so far.

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Our first was an accident while we were still engaged. Our second just took one try :)

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM

All of my pregnancies were planned...sort of, lol! I didn't realize that I had inherited my mom's ability to get preggo pretty much if we think about it. With DD1 (and first hubby), we had been married 5 months. The stress and other factors resulted in our divorce shortly before her 2nd bday. With my current DH, who is 8yrs older than I am (I'm 31), he had never had kids and wanted to start trying right after we got married. I was on bc and we figured once I was off it would take about 6 months. Um, no! I was preggo with DS 2 weeks after stopping. DD2 was born 2yrs later, planned, and it took about two months of trying. DH had a vasectomy a few weeks after DD2 was born. He's almost 40 and doesn't want to be an 'old dad'. (for some background, my DH was adopted and his parents were in their 40's at the time.)

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:19 AM

#1, we were together about 6 months but we weren't trying to have one or trying to prevent it.  #2, about 1 week off bc; #3-about 1 month, #4-1.5 months. 

amanda81919
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM
8 months then I found out we were going to have our ds. But with my dd it took one time and I think with ds too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN