Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take before you conceived?

Posted by   + Show Post

How long were you with your dh,df,or s/o before you conceived?

I was with my df 5 almost 6 months when we found out we were pregnant with our dd.

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommy2b4evr
by Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM

2 years

Landonsmom0710
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM

we were married for 6 years before we decided it was time to have a baby. Took us a year to conceive ds. When ds was 13 months we decided we wanted another. Took us 6 months. Sadly we lost our baby at 7 weeks gestation. But after we lost our baby it took us 2 months to concieve again.

piercedbeauty21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Dh and I were together for a few years before we decided to ttc. We found out on my birthday we were pregnant and that was 1 month before our 1 year wedding anniversary.

bellanoelsmom
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Not at all. My surgery was because my tubes were scarred up due to a major car accident. I had 16 fractures in my pelvis. That was out patient surgery and cost around $5,000. The clomid was around $15-$25.00 for 5 pills, that was a 1 month supply. I don't mind talking about my infertility in the least, I was on every web site out there researching so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Quoting Manderkinz1989:

If this is too personal, you do not have to answer, but was the surgery and fertility drugs extremely expensive?

Quoting bellanoelsmom:

My first was about 6 mo. My twins were about two years, I had to have surgery and fertility drugs. All my girls were well worth the wait!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellanoelsmom
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Are you on any ttc boards? I think those women on those boards know
More than any single dr. Out there. I believe that without the support and knowledge of those ladies I would not have my twins and a number of life long friends. If you are interested I could recommend a few ttc boards.

Quoting tinkerbellbay:

2 Years but we were not ttc now we have been ttc for 3 yr for number 2

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrystal84
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM

over a year...

Logansmom2506
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM

We were trying for a little over a month..surprisingly it happened so fast each time.  I only hope if I decided to have a 4th it happens the same way.

bellanoelsmom
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Infertility is the hardest thing dh and I have gone through. If not for his wonderful love and patience, we would not be together today with out twin daughters. Of course at the time I didn't think he was doing anything right, but four years later I realize how hard it was on both of us. I would also recommend a ttc board to you if you are not already on one, men tend to hold their feelings in about this stuff, us women never stop talking about it. Goodluck!

Quoting Christiansmom44:

With my first husband, we were married 2 months before we got pregnant. His brother was born 2.5 years later.

This time, it has taken us almost 3 years to get pregnant. It got frustrating and nearly ended our marriage. Very rough time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM
No need, I just left about 2 months ago.

I'm 23 weeks with our little girl :)

Quoting bellanoelsmom:

Infertility is the hardest thing dh and I have gone through. If not for his wonderful love and patience, we would not be together today with out twin daughters. Of course at the time I didn't think he was doing anything right, but four years later I realize how hard it was on both of us. I would also recommend a ttc board to you if you are not already on one, men tend to hold their feelings in about this stuff, us women never stop talking about it. Goodluck!

Quoting Christiansmom44:

With my first husband, we were married 2 months before we got pregnant. His brother was born 2.5 years later.

This time, it has taken us almost 3 years to get pregnant. It got frustrating and nearly ended our marriage. Very rough time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manaroo
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM
We got pregnant with ds 3 months after our first anniversary. We were not trying but not doing too much to prevent. We have now been ttc for a year and a half with a loss this past august at 11 weeks. I start clomid this month so fingers crossed we will have some luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured