Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Control your kids, A**.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Parade tonight and I love parades! So, I took my kid (2) down to see all the floats and bands and Santa.  We found a great spot and we were sitting next to a group of yuppie-ass churchfolk and a small redneck family. Soon after we settled in, everyone started pouring in and roughly 10 kids came to sit with the yuppies. As soon as the parade started the kids kept running into the road, screaming for candy and beads. They kept standing in front of my toddler (in her stroller) and the two girls from the redneck family who were probably 4 and 6 or somewhere near there. I don't care about the beads or candy, personally. I just wanted my kid to be able to see the fucking show. Luckily, the parade throwers started throwing the beads and candy away from where we were sitting. Loud obnoxious brats.

Ugh. Those, my friends, are the future sluts of the parades. The ones who get trashed and show their tits for cheap beads....

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Replies (61-67):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Those kids were about the best-behaved children on the block. They actually thanked the people giving out candy and didn't once rush into the road. They sat on the curb where their mother told them to and watched the parade. I wanted to compliment the mother, but I didn't. I usually do when I see kids that well-behaved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yay for rednecks ;)

Leopard44
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:57 AM

Being a country sheila myself (we arn't called rednecks here lol) i understand values well. You don't get far in the country being a brat :) Thar was my post btw lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Those kids were about the best-behaved children on the block. They actually thanked the people giving out candy and didn't once rush into the road. They sat on the curb where their mother told them to and watched the parade. I wanted to compliment the mother, but I didn't. I usually do when I see kids that well-behaved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yay for rednecks ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I'm not much of a redneck and, although I was raised in a town full of them, I wasn't raised as such. But, you definitely have a point. There aren't many bratty kids in my redneck friend's groups.

Quoting Leopard44:

Being a country sheila myself (we arn't called rednecks here lol) i understand values well. You don't get far in the country being a brat :) Thar was my post btw lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yay for rednecks ;)

DariaDamnit
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Wow. Just... wow.
Some of these replies... really? .-.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM

It's a damn parade! They don't come around often, so if they are overly excited, its because that's what typical kids do.  You act like they pushed your daughter over.  I don't understand why you didn't  just get up and hold her so she could get a better view? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure she can show the same respect that a bunch of other kids were and that I showed as a kid. You don't have to act like an entitled little brat to enjoy a parade. It's not about grabbing at the candy and beads, all kids love that stuff. It's about screeching, rushing the floats, obstructing views and invading other's personal space. It was like the parents didn't even raise the kids, like they left it up to the dogs or something.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Ummm, I think your judgement is a little harsh for children who like shiny cheap toys and candy.  Wait until your kid is old enough not to need a stroller and I bet she'll be grabbing for the candy and beads just like any typical child. 

kotabearsmama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Meh, I didn't see much wrong with Anon's post, seemed like typical venting to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the term yuppie or redneck.  But I'm one to call a spade a spade.  That being said, the kids who were standing in front of your child's stroller; could you have asked them to back up?  Asked the parents to ask them to back up?  The kids weren't really old enough to think about their actions inhibiting the ability of others to be able to see the parade.  Or since your child is two years old, could he/she (sorry, you didn't specify) have run out to get candy and beads too? 

The only thing I didn't like here is calling those kids "future sluts".  They're kids.  They were doing what kids do.  They were experiencing the magic of free candy :)  At their ages... that's as good as gold in their eyes.  They were having fun. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN