Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's okay for your DH /SO to go out to bars all the time with his guy friends?

I think it's immature and irresponsible. I think once a man is a father, he should have different priorities.

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM
Replies (21-26):
DCMsMommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM

all the time - no.

once in a while - id be kind of iffy cause im just that type lol but i guess it would be ok once in a while

RhondaVeggie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:53 AM
Not like every week but once or twice a month is fine. Mine is actually going out twice this weekend but that's a rarity, he hasn't been out with friends in a few weeks. He's going to a movie with some friends this afternoon and then tomorrow night he's going to a friends place either for a bonfire or to hang out in his tavern (an old fisherman's hut on his property) and he will likely have one or maybe two beers there. We both got our partying over and done with in college. I think the last time either of us got drunk we were 19. He might have been tipsy a few times since but I don't see the point in drinking and I'm always the designated driver.
Leopard44
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I agree with not all the time, but letting him have a break is fine.

evillette
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I wish sometimes this would happen. He is so clingy since we got really serious. He doesnt hang out with any friends any more and when i want to visit my sister( who is 3 hours away) for a weekend he is mad about going and mad if i want to go alone. I wish he would spend some time with friends. In your case i would hope that he would learn to split his time to make homelife a  priority and going to the bars an event that happens every now and then. 

liz.1986
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:06 PM

ALL the time.... no. Once in awhile.... sure!

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM
No,once you're married and have kids those days of always going out are over. My hubby goes to the bar once a week after work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)