Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's okay for your DH /SO to go out to bars all the time with his guy friends?

I think it's immature and irresponsible. I think once a man is a father, he should have different priorities.

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM

you drink, you puke, you have a headache the next day ...not fun

sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:51 PM
It shouldn't be a nightly habit but once in awhile would do him good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:52 PM
That I do not know lol I don't drink much at all. If I go out it's just with my bestie and we eat then go shopping

Quoting buttersworth:

yeah a night off once in a while but why do people always talk about having to go drinking?

Quoting Mamaof3and1tobe:

This

Every parent deserves a "night off" once in awhile

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Not all the time, but sometimes is ok.

I feel the same for women too. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM
I agree, I don't have a desire to go out partying in a bar any more. Dinner with friends is different, but once I had kids, I quit going to the bar. No judgment for those who do, just isn't my thing anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Ah.  I hear men mature slower than women, so maybe he's just behind the curve then.

I would talk to him and try to compromise.  Arrange some nights where he goes out, and some where he stays in.  It's up to you two how often, but if you are unhappy with it things should at least be discussed in a constructive manner.  Maybe 1 day during the week, and 1 day out of the weekend?  And expect him home at last call, since there is "nothing but trouble past that point."  lol

Quoting buttersworth:

Are those ques. for me? Lol. No, my DH can't drink because he's on cholesterol medication. I don't drink much either. My first husband (was married 4 yrs -no kids with him) was a lead singer in a bar band and so I'd been around that lifestyle much. Oh, the parties...

My Dh and I did a wee little bit partying when we first met, but we had our dd when I was 30 and I'd pretty much outgrown that stuff. No high horse here, just naturally didn't find it fun anymore.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Maybe a "Guy's Night" one night a week. Are his friends married with kids?  Or are they still bar hopping to pick up women, and DH can't imagine life w/o his buddies?

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:54 PM

All the time... No.  I am not sure which nights my husband worked a little late and which ones he went to get drinks though.  I think (based on kisses that taste like single malt scotch) that he gets a drink after work about 3 days a week.  If I ask he tells me and he is always home by 7.

My husband went out more than i liked when we were in our young 20's.  At one point when I was about 19 I split up with him because he went out to clubs all the time and I wasnt old enough.  (we were not married).  He knew if he wanted to be with me he needed to be with me most of the time.  My expectation is that we are a couple and do things together.  By getting back together with me he agreed to that. 

Milosmommy11
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:57 PM

My preference would be for him to have a guy's night somewhere that isn't a bar atmosphere, but my dh and I don't drink. He used to, but he tends to black and out and remember nothing that he does (not going into details, don't want to air out my dirty laundry). I've never been drunk or even tipsy and I have no desire to do so. But that's beside the point. Bars (especially if his friends are single) would make me very uncomfortable.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM

All the time? No. Once a man decides to marry and start a family he needs to put his frat days behind him.  

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Quoting Sakurachiba:

Not all the time but every now and then i think is ok.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM
My husband doesn't go out period, he's a homebody. Plus he watches the kids while I work(we work opposite shifts to keep the kids out of daycare) so he couldn't just go out even if he wanted.

If he did, no it would not be okay and it would be totally unacceptable. I can't stand that clubbing/bars bullshit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN