Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

falling out of love?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM
  • 5 Replies

have you ever fallen out of love with your SO  and then fell back in love with him?

DF and i were crazy inlove when we met  and about a year into our relationship it just died. Over a two year span it  progessivly got worse and worse. For some reason we stuck it out, even though alot of those two years felt like  we were only together for our DD. Then after almost two years of our relationship feeling like i was trapped,miserable, and alone, we fell back in love.

i dont exactly know what changed for us or when exactly it happened, but it did.  Now i feel like  he loves me and wants me around, like we are a team. i know it sounds crazy but i can tell just by how he is towards me now. there is so much more love  and emotion behind  his actions. Just simple hugs and kisses and  saying  i love you  seem  so sincere,where as before it was like we did these things and said these things because thats what   your sapossed to do not because we wnated to.  We are happy now,well 90% of the time we are happy theres still that 10%  of the time that he pisses me off, but hey no ones perfect. 

It feels like  falling in love with someone for the first time but with someone you've loved before, if that makes any sense lol  anyways im just curious if anyone else have ever  falling in and out and back in love with teh man they are married to or in a long term commited relationship with.in love

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:16 AM

I'm hoping that's what will happen to us. It feels like I'm so utterly alone in my relationship. I'm holding on as tight as I can...

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:19 AM
Bump to reply later. Glad to hear that you guys are back in love again. This Is a refreshing read :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

It is normal to fall in and out of love over the period of a long relationship.  But the key is communication!  If you can talk things out, and keep rediscovering that spark there is always hope.

DH and I never had a long stretch, but there were times when things fizzled.  And after telling him what I needed, he was always happy to provide.  And I try to do the same for him.

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:29 AM
Imho , falling in and out of love with your spouse\so is very common and I could almost say that we all go tru that stage at some point in our marriages lol .. I know I have but what made me fall out of love w him was the fact that I felt like I was a single married mom (if that makes sense lol ) ive spoken to him , gave him clues etc I did a bunch of stuff so he could "get" what I was trying to say than I decided to treat him as if he didnt exist and that worked so well that he started to acknowledge us more and treat us as if we were visible now lol so his kind and simple yet loving actions (like surprising us w fries (ds1 and I are fries~aholics lol ) or my fav pastery etc ) and show of love for us (our sons and myself) made me fall back in love with him .. So here we are .. Hangin in there , sure we have our moment cuz nothing is perfect but we are doing well lol ... Im glad u guys fell back in love again :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puddinpopsmama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:30 AM

i hope things get better for you. remember  change starts with you. you have the power to change the mood in your home.  your actions and responses to him will  set  in motion  how he responds to you. i found that if i wanted to be treated with love and respect  and be in a happy home  some days i had to force myself to be happy  even when my dd was  trying to kill me with her tantrums and Df was being a total ass. some times its for the best to  shut up apoligize even if you still think you are right and hes an idiot , and tell him you want to make him happy and show  him  through your attitude. Df and i are by no means perfect  but ive noticed that   my attitude  is a huge factor how our relationship is. if im pissy hes an ass if im sweet hes  a teddy bear. basically  in my house we get along great if i let him THINK he is in charge  but every relationship is dfferent. good luck and i truly hope it  turns around for you!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm hoping that's what will happen to us. It feels like I'm so utterly alone in my relationship. I'm holding on as tight as I can...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)