Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I?!?!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I?

Options:

Stay put!

Start a relationship and see where it goes first!

Go for It!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

I am in a tough situation. I am currently living with my X because I can not afford my own place and he babysits my kid for me when I am at work (not his child). He loves me and wants to work things out, but he has hurt me to the point where I am through with his lies and BS.

Well a coworker of mine has offered to let me and my son move in with him. We get along really well and I have a small crush on him. I know he likes me as well just from some of things he has said and hinted at (like wanting to hang out sometime, telling me I need to find myself a man who will treat me right, telling me I look good, etc). He doesn't mind the fact that I have a son because he helped raise his little sister and loves kids (he doesn't have any of his own yet).

If I do move in with him, I know spark are going to fly because we are so attracted to each other lol! Nothing has happened yet- mostly because I am very guarded because of my last relationship.

I just don't want to jump into anything and have it backfire, but I'd give anything to get away from my X. I"m wondering If I should hang out with him some more and consider pursuing a relationship before moving in with him. Then again he is a coworker and I don't want things to be awkward. (I have dated a coworker once before though and it turned out okay).

I really dunno what to do! Any advice?

***** UPDATE****Since no one reads the replies... I have  known this man for 2 years and have no intention on simply jumping into bed with him! My son knows him as well, just not that well. His father hasn't been there since day one- I have no family in this area.The X has been abusive in the past and is a an alcoholic. I figured moving out is better then dealing wiht his BS. I can not afford a place on my own or I would be out in a heartbeat! (even If I saved money- it would only get me by for a few weeks- this job pays SHIT and I am looking for something else).Did I answer everyone's questions?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this

None of the options seem that great, I don't know.  How old is your son?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

None of the options seem that great, I don't know.  How old is your son?

Ataemommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah um terrible,awful, horrendous idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:41 AM
5 moms liked this
Are you fxcking serious?

Stay where you are. As if that's any better.

You barely even know that guy, and you're contemplating moving your kid in there. You don't even know if your kid will like him. He can be a pedophile for all you really know, or abusive.

You can't even support yourself yet. At least your ex helps with your kid. Will your co- worker even do that? Focus on getting you and your son into a stable home, that's an accomplishment. That should be your next move, instead of into the next man's bed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:49 AM

Quoting Litlmama87:

Are you fxcking serious?

You barely even know that guy, and you're contemplating moving your kid in there. You don't even know if your kid will like him. He can be a pedophile for all you really know, or abusive.

You can't even support yourself yet. At least your ex helps with your kid. Will your co- worker even do that? Focus on getting you and your son into a stable home, that's an accomplishment. That should be your next move, instead of into the next man's bed.

Wow- panties in a bunch? I never said I was going to jump into his bed and have sex with the guy- just was thinking of pursuing a relationship. Last time I checked dating doesn't always  mean you're screwing the guy! And I have been working with him for the last 2 years so it's not like I barely know him.

mommysangelface
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:14 AM
3 moms liked this

if ur thinking of pursuing a relationship with him DONT move in with him. You say now u wont jump right into bed with him. Things will be different when you are living under the same roof. Also not healthly for a child to live in one place where there is a guy and then all the sudden live in another place where there is a different guy

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Litlmama87:

Are you fxcking serious?

Wow- panties in a bunch? I never said I was going to jump into his bed and have sex with the guy- just was thinking of pursuing a relationship. Last time I checked dating doesn't always  mean you're screwing the guy! And I have been working with him for the last 2 years so it's not like I barely know him.

ShannyLouisiany
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:24 AM
7 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela_Barlow
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Quoting Litlmama87:

Are you fxcking serious?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:19 AM
Round of applause! Idk what's up with these women jumping from bed to bed. Smdh.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Are you fxcking serious?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:25 AM
6 moms liked this
All of those options suck. How about you concentrate on becoming independent and then worry about a man. Get your money together so you can get your own place & take care of your own child without needing a man to play captain save em for you. Your child doesn't need to see you parading different men in and out of their life. SLOW DOWN. You can date the guy without throwing your child into the mix of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)