Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

racist??

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm from up north but live in southern va right now and see a lot of racism.. BOTH WAYS not just white against black, black against Mexican etc. It's a two way street.

Are you racist against any other cultures
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karla85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Only a little lol. Nah, there is only one thing I can't stand that has to do with race: for people here to call anyone that speaks Spanish "Mexican", you know there is a whole bunch of countries that speak Spanish other than Mexico
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Not that I'm aware of.  I don't feel Blacks are superior to any other race.

briesmomisback
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:59 AM
Kinda prejudice. Not necessarily racist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leopard44
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Me and my colored friends are 'play' racist to each other. We joke a lot both ways. Neither of our cultures take offense, though I suppose it depends on the situation and the people.

choff2685
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I see it both ways as well. I see a lot of white people bashing black people and black people bashing white people. So I settled for the fact that I hate everyone equally. 

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I said this yesterday in another post. I am, unabashedly, racist against one certain type of people. I have no problem admitting that I am absolutely prejudiced against   STUPID PEOPLE!   I grew up in the south and been a lifelong resident of Georgia. I have travelled the US and prejudice is rampant everywhere, not just the south. Most people cant tell from my pics or even seeing me in person that I am bi-racial. I use that to my advantage. When people start mouthing off about this race or that one, I listen intently and then throw out that I am bi-racial and they should remember that the next time they decide to take the trash out of their brain. My BM is Native American and dark skinned. My sister looks just like her. I would love to have their skin color. Without a tan, I glow in the dark. People should remember that race isnt always shown in a person's skin color. People are ignorant and some are just plain stupid. I am prone to saying : You can teach the ignorant but you cant cure the stupid. 

kzuehlk
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Racist? No. Prejudice? Absolutely. Black, white, or mexican, I can't stand these disrespectful, saggy pants wearing thugs who walk around speaking ebonics and stomping on anyone they come across.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I have some stereotypes, but don't feel that I am racist. I'm an equal opportunity friend. :)

MamaHardy2008
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM
But it is much worse in the south. I have never seen so much racism. I work in a Mexican restaurant and had a lady ask me if I keep all my tips or if I have to split it with the gorillas. Pissed me off.

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

I said this yesterday in another post. I am, unabashedly, racist against one certain type of people. I have no problem admitting that I am absolutely prejudiced against   STUPID PEOPLE!   I grew up in the south and been a lifelong resident of Georgia. I have travelled the US and prejudice is rampant everywhere, not just the south. Most people cant tell from my pics or even seeing me in person that I am bi-racial. I use that to my advantage. When people start mouthing off about this race or that one, I listen intently and then throw out that I am bi-racial and they should remember that the next time they decide to take the trash out of their brain. My BM is Native American and dark skinned. My sister looks just like her. I would love to have their skin color. Without a tan, I glow in the dark. People should remember that race isnt always shown in a person's skin color. People are ignorant and some are just plain stupid. I am prone to saying : You can teach the ignorant but you cant cure the stupid. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
yeah....but not to everyone..love the ignorant blacks who actually live up to, are the reason for stereotype...must you be loud? Everywhere you go...? Must you smoke weed, and speak ebonics, not educate your kids, live off the system? Its probably just as likely for whites to do this too....honestly... I SUPPOSE IGNORANCE SHOULD BE A RACE IF ITS OWN...then I would be rascist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)