Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm from up north but live in southern va right now and see a lot of racism.. BOTH WAYS not just white against black, black against Mexican etc. It's a two way street.

Are you racist against any other cultures
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Replies (11-11):
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Dont get me wrong. I dont deny there is no shortage of dumbasses here. You would like to think with all the modern advances that we have, our way of thinking would have advanced too. People like that woman you spoke of are just ignorant idiots who come off the mountain twice a year prove they havent come very far up the evolutionary ladder. You will have stupid people everywhere you go and there may be more in the south but its everywhere. Hell, my ex husband's family used to sit right in front of me and bash native americans. My husband would sit there, oblivious to the fact that the things they were saying were about me! He used to say, "It doesnt bother me because you are more white than "them" and its better not to tell people!" I told him that it was a good thing most people already knew he was an idiot or we wouldnt be able to hide it for very long! People should progress and when they dont it is a shame. You will encounter people like that customer in the world but its the people who matter to you that you should listen to. The rest have family trees that go straight up or couldnt get out of their own driveways without a gps and a map.  

Quoting MamaHardy2008:

But it is much worse in the south. I have never seen so much racism. I work in a Mexican restaurant and had a lady ask me if I keep all my tips or if I have to split it with the gorillas. Pissed me off.

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

I said this yesterday in another post. I am, unabashedly, racist against one certain type of people. I have no problem admitting that I am absolutely prejudiced against   STUPID PEOPLE!   I grew up in the south and been a lifelong resident of Georgia. I have travelled the US and prejudice is rampant everywhere, not just the south. Most people cant tell from my pics or even seeing me in person that I am bi-racial. I use that to my advantage. When people start mouthing off about this race or that one, I listen intently and then throw out that I am bi-racial and they should remember that the next time they decide to take the trash out of their brain. My BM is Native American and dark skinned. My sister looks just like her. I would love to have their skin color. Without a tan, I glow in the dark. People should remember that race isnt always shown in a person's skin color. People are ignorant and some are just plain stupid. I am prone to saying : You can teach the ignorant but you cant cure the stupid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN