Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do old people have kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
its bothersome.....seriously why have a child that when they are seniors in high school, you are a senior citizen.....? Thats unfair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
auroragold
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

And MY pregnancy at age 38 was completely textbook perfect with no complications, a health 9lb baby who continues to be extremely healthy.

So.......... you're wrong

And who says I'll die when she's young?

Seriously - get a grip

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow nobody called the chick who posted "you shouldn't have kids under age 25" an idiot but this girl is getting called an idiot? I agree. I think it is selfish and dangerous. Ater the age of 35 your pregnancy is highrisk. Your risking yours and the baby's life.  Plus.. you think your kid wants a parent who is going to die while they are still young? They are also at higher risk for down syndrome. I think it is selfish.  A mature 25 year old is better off having a kid then a 40 year old is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM
unfair to kids.....old ass parents...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:27 AM

What's right for you, may not be right for another.  Just because somebody is a senior citizen (65 and up), doesn't make them ignorant or slow.  There are many vibrant, energetic people in their 60s and 70s.

How is that unfair to kids?  My x husband is 35 and his parents are in their 80s.  They're still going strong and rather active.

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM
Come on! When shes graduating you will be going on 70...and if she wait to have kids...they'll never know grandparents...super sad ;(

Quoting auroragold:

And MY pregnancy at age 38 was completely textbook perfect with no complications, a health 9lb baby who continues to be extremely healthy.

Seriously - get a grip

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow nobody called the chick who posted "you shouldn't have kids under age 25" an idiot but this girl is getting called an idiot? I agree. I think it is selfish and dangerous. Ater the age of 35 your pregnancy is highrisk. Your risking yours and the baby's life.  Plus.. you think your kid wants a parent who is going to die while they are still young? They are also at higher risk for down syndrome. I think it is selfish.  A mature 25 year old is better off having a kid then a 40 year old is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:29 AM
*dies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaep33005
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

How is that any of your business what MATURE people do with their reproductive organs and their bodies?

karla85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Movies are cheap...one child, two seniors please....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:32 AM

because they can?

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

what kind of math are you doing?

Quoting Anonymous:

Come on! When shes graduating you will be going on 70...and if she wait to have kids...they'll never know grandparents...super sad ;(

Quoting auroragold:

Seriously - get a grip

Quoting Anonymous:

karla85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM
OP, you should add to your title that this is a spin of that other post. Maybe people would get the joke instead of acting all agravated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN