Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having another child while still on PA

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:06 PM
  • 176 Replies
2 moms liked this

Good lord I cant stand when people do that. Public Assistance is to help you get back on your feet not support your dreams.

Sure most people would love another child, but why abuse the system like that. There is a difference between needing help when a mistake happens but to PLAN on a baby? Wtf! How about you plan on a college degree or a job.

The economy is tuff, and it requires sacrifices. Would I love to buy a new range rover? Of course, but I cant afford it therefor I will stick to my honda!

public assistance

n.
Aid, such as money or food, given to homeless and other financially needy people, the aged, or the inhabitants of a disaster-stricken area; relief. Can someone point to me where it said to fund your dream family?
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree with you. I think it is irresponsible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this
A degree doesn't equal a job in all circumstances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassnadrajones
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

In this economy no it does not. Thats why I said a degree OR a job. With a degree you are more likely to find a higher paying job than Mcdonalds. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Some people are going to be poor for the rest of their lives.  Should they never ever have children?  And statistically speaking, the majority of people on PA only have one-two kids.  

I am on disability, and I get food stamps.  I get less food stamps than I did before my dd was born.  My rent is subsidized, and my rental payment increased (not decreased).  My dd only receives medicaid, and she rarely goes to the doctor (dental twice a year).  So I'm not necessarily "relying" on the gov't to support my child.  As soon as my doctor clears me for work, I'll be working.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

People with college degrees tend to have a higher income than those that don't. Some people with degrees also don't use their degree wisely. It still doesn't make it okay to continue to have children that you can't afford.

Quoting Anonymous:

cassnadrajones
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people are going to be poor for the rest of their lives.  Should they never ever have children?  And statistically speaking, the majority of people on PA only have one-two kids.  

I am on disability, and I get food stamps.  I get less food stamps than I did before my dd was born.  My rent is subsidized, and my rental payment increased (not decreased).  My dd only receives medicaid, and she rarely goes to the doctor (dental twice a year).  So I'm not necessarily "relying" on the gov't to support my child.  As soon as my doctor clears me for work, I'll be working.  

I do feel for people in your situation, however if you cant support yourself why struggle to support someone else? 

kirstn007
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

everyone post about this and its not gonna change it sitting here degrading ppl and bitching about them. maybe if it bugs u sooo much why dont u realize its about educating people and giving them resources.

MiCHELLEx
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
another one of these?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I could care less what the next person does. My sister was getting paid more than her co worker, her co worker had a degree, and she didn't. Sometimes a degree means nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I was not supposed to have children.  I stopped having periods a few years before my dd was born, and was told I hit menopause prematurely (at 30).  What a surprise she was!  

Quoting cassnadrajones:

Quoting Anonymous:

I do feel for people in your situation, however if you cant support yourself why struggle to support someone else? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)