Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i'm gonna break up with my BF

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

he's amazing. i love him. i really do- he's there for me, helps me. we've been together for 3 years and he's the only real father figure my son knows. =(

dont get me wrong-- i want him, but my want to be alone is growing bigger each day. i dont know why; depression, maybe. i dont want to have sex, i dont want to lay next to anybody in bed, i dont want to fix that third plate, i dont want to wash his clothes, or pick up his stuff. i dont want to have to have conversations, or expect to have conversations when we dont really even talk (unless its something really important)...

i dont know what to do- so i've just been letting things continue on; i havent been talking at all, barely spending time with him, but he thinks we're still okay and that we're still on our life paths (the things we decided months ago, when i wasnt feeling like this)

what do i do? what SHOULD i do? i'm scared that if it is depression and i break up with him, i've allowed depression to rule my life. i'll miss out on an amazing guy, my son will lose his only father figure, etc.... but like i said- the desire to be alone continues to grow. =(

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:38 PM

i would go talk to someone first before you make a big step like that. if anything if you have a 3rd bedroom maybe talk to him about being roommates for little bit and see what happens. but you really should talk to him abou how oyu feel before you make a decision like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

i would go talk to someone first before you make a big step like that. if anything if you have a 3rd bedroom maybe talk to him about being roommates for little bit and see what happens. but you really should talk to him abou how oyu feel before you make a decision like that.

we dont live together. he comes over a lot and stays the night. since he's over a lot, he has his own area of stuff (closet, dresser, etc). but i realized in the last few days that i like it better when he's not here compared to when he IS here. =/

i think this upcoming week, i'm not gonna let him come over until the weekend-- basically giving us a week 'off' from the relationship.... and then going from there..? i dunno. maybe a therapist will help.

stillstandin246
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

You need to talk to a therapist.  It does sound like depression or something.   You need to explore how you feel with a professional.  If he's really as great as you say he is and you're going through a rough patch, or if you are less in love with him than you say.  Either way, don't make any rash decisions until you see someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM

ok then since he doesnt live there i would tell him that you need to take a break from the relationship so that you can think about where it is going and what is going to change. but i still would talk to someone so that you can find out if it is depression or not and if it is you can get it fixed. if he loves you and really wants to be with you he will understand and will help you with what he can. i have been there. just the other way around.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

we dont live together. he comes over a lot and stays the night. since he's over a lot, he has his own area of stuff (closet, dresser, etc). but i realized in the last few days that i like it better when he's not here compared to when he IS here. =/

i think this upcoming week, i'm not gonna let him come over until the weekend-- basically giving us a week 'off' from the relationship.... and then going from there..? i dunno. maybe a therapist will help.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Quoting stillstandin246:

You need to talk to a therapist.  It does sound like depression or something.   You need to explore how you feel with a professional.  If he's really as great as you say he is and you're going through a rough patch, or if you are less in love with him than you say.  Either way, don't make any rash decisions until you see someone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tori911
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I would go to the doctor. They will have you fill out a questionnaire on how your feeling. That will help them determine if you are suffering from depression. They will want to talk to you about it. Just be open and honest with them. They are there to help you, not judge you. Good luck.

Women are called snobs and bitches because we have standards, know our worth, only accept what we deserve, and never settle. Be proud to be a woman!

august_baby_09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM
I agree with this

Quoting stillstandin246:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jes23011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM
I agree. I wouldnt do that. If u susect depression then you are prolly depressed. Id talk to my dr. About gettin some depression medication and see what happeds. Good luck to u

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)