Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so over it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Why is it that so many husbands assume that sahm do "nothing" all day and have all the time in the world to relax, do chores, keep up with bills, work out, etc.? Do we not have a child(den) that need our attention every second of the day? Do we not keep the house clean, have food on the table every night and make sure bills and such are in order? My husband repeated told me that I have it so easy at home when I ask him to help me do house chores. When we watch tv and if there's a sahm on a show or something he would make remarks about how she has all the time in the world everyday.

Well, it's starting to really piss me off. He is so lazy he can't even throw a can of soda away after drinking it. He leaves a trail of clothes in our bedroom for me to pick up. His shoes are everywhere. His paperwork is all over the house. And sometimes I wanna seriously throw a hot iron skillet at his damn head.

UGHHHH!!!! No matter how many times I tell him to pick up after himself, he ignores me. When I'm sick or have a headache, I have to suck it up and keep going like a normal day. When he's sick he sleeps all day and does nothing and we have to keep the house quiet do he isn't interrupted. Sometimes I think about it and I get so angry that I would start slamming doors and stuff. I either need anger management or a better husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM

maybe if you try being nice about it instead of being a nag he'll be more inclined to listen.

itsallabtthem84
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Maybe he is just so use to you picking up after him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Start putting his stuff on his side of the bed...leave his clothes there, his paperwork, and his trash! Worked for my husband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Stop picking up after him and he'll just how much "nothing" you do.

Melonie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop doing his laundry and making him food until he can respect what you do to keep everything running. The least he can do is pick up after himself you are not his mother or his personal maid! My DH used to b bad about cleaning up after himself. I would try n ask as nice as possible and I didn't really bring it up very often but when he had like seriously a dozen cups, cans, take out cup on his night stand that was enough! There was mold growing n some! I quit doin his laundry n cooking for him. Took a while for him to finally realize that I didnt just sit on my ass all day. Good luck mama n hugs!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Why did you marry a man like that?  My husband isnt anything like that.

imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this

eye rolling

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe if you try being nice about it instead of being a nag he'll be more inclined to listen.

MissMandaP
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:37 PM
my husband does that too. He told me i could stay home with our five month old but apparently he's doing me a huge favor cause i just "sit around all day" yeah the house keeping fairy came and cleaned the house and made you a hot meal when you got home. And the baby took care of herself. Didn't you know she could dress herself, change her own diapers and make her own bottles all day??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mummy24
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Your not the only 1 mumma. My SO is exactly the same!

Angeleeka07
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:47 PM

My DF is a bit of a slob and I find myself cleaning up after him a lot...soda cans here and there, can't be bothered to put a dirty dish in the sink, let alone the dishwasher.  But we do both work and he does do laundry and the dishes (sometimes...lol).  Sometimes he even vacuums!  So I figure I'll put up with the little things as long as he's still helping out when he can.  I understand that he works more than I do and just wants to come home and relax sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)