Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this right? Kinda long.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
So, my 21yr old sis has 2kids. A boy and a girl, both are never clothed right. It is seriously snowing where we live, and all her kids have are Summer clothes. They don't even have a decent pair of socks. I normally wouldn't care what she does with her money, but she's buying her new bf of not even a month things for Christmas, and her kids aren't getting anything for Christmas. She doesn't even bother to buy them clothes. She spends all her money buying herself really skanky clothes and high heels. She also spends more time with her bf and her supposed bff then she does with her kids. She goes out every night and my parents get stuck with her kids. My parents annoy me so much because they're to scared to tell her anything. My dad won't put his foot down with her (she lives with my parents btw) because he had an affair like 3yrs ago (my parents have got past it) and my sis uses that against him. My mom is the only one who tells my sis off. It just annoys me how when I told my dad once that I didn't respect him because he cheated on my mom he practically wanted to beat my ass. But, this b*tch gets away with everything, and she's married. I just feel bad for her kids and my parents, she's taking advantage of them. My question: Is it right for her to be spending all this money on herself and her bf of not even a month, then on her kids who need school supplies and winter clothes and then be taking advantage of my parents? I'm trying to get them to see my point btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tori911
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Sounds like you need to be making a call to child protective services.

Women are called snobs and bitches because we have standards, know our worth, only accept what we deserve, and never settle. Be proud to be a woman!

Keiras_Mom07
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Of course its not right. How is that even a question?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM
If I call, would they know it was me?

Quoting tori911:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:01 PM
It is a question because she doesn't physically abuse her kids. I'm saying is it right that she can spoil her bf, instead of her kids, and then take advantage of my parents.

Quoting Keiras_Mom07:

Of course its not right. How is that even a question?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Sending her kids out in the snow in summer clothes is abuse. Maybe not as bad as hitting them or locking them in a closet but it is abuse. If you are not a mandated reporter (teachers and the like) then you can report anonymously.
mommysangelface
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:04 PM

um she is neglecting her children. physically abuse is not the only form of neglect(im not being snotty so please dont take it that way)

you need to call Child Protective Services. What she is doing is harming her kids. Legally they cannot say who called and you DO NOT have to give them your name

tori911
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you are not obligated to tell them who you are. Just tell them you want to stay anonymous. By law, any abuse reported has to be investigated. And neglect is a form of abuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tori911:

Women are called snobs and bitches because we have standards, know our worth, only accept what we deserve, and never settle. Be proud to be a woman!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM
I didn't take it snotty. Lol. I just really thought CPS would only get involved if she was beating them, or hurting them in some way. I know that is considered abuse, but I didn't know if it was to the extent where CPS would jump in and get involved. I am very much so willing to call them.

Quoting mommysangelface:

um she is neglecting her children. physically abuse is not the only form of neglect(im not being snotty so please dont take it that way)

you need to call Child Protective Services. What she is doing is harming her kids. Legally they cannot say who called and you DO NOT have to give them your name

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would jerk a knot in my sisters ass ten miles wide.  I would tell her, to take care of my niece/nephew before she gets her ass kicked. THEN we she spouted all that crap about calling the PO PO's, I would tell her "call the police, and when you get out, I will beat your skanky ass again"  When she stopped crying, I would say " If I ever get word of my niece/nephew being treated this way again, I will call DCS myself".

Now, that is just me, I say more rationally, your parents probably watch kids because they know your sister wont.  That being said, let her know you love her, but she is treating her children wrong, and you will not sit by and watch.

Good luck, sending prayers.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM
You can make it 100% anonymous. And they will not release your name of you do tell them your name. Without a court order. And it's very hard to get those records unsealed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tori911:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)