Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to be more active in my community

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

Are there any moms out there that can help me out with finding great places to volunteer / help give back to the community. I work full time 1st shift and in the afternoons I am home with my children. I love being a mom, but since im not currently in school, i feel like im not doing anything else positive with my spare time. I would love any ideas, or if someone is a volunteer could they tell me how to join.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
grey7399
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

call a church.  Google volunteer opportunities for your county/Parrish.  And you can call your local senior center too.

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM

if you knit or crochet, you can do little blankets, or beanies for the kids at the hospital.... my sister lives in a really bad homeless city and she makes/carries at least 3 a day of hats and gloves for those who are homeless- especially now that its gotten colder.

craigslist has a volunteer area too. some are stupid, others seem really nice!

a few years ago, i sent out cards to random people. it was silly things like "you're doing a great job! enjoy your life! always keep your head up! your worth more than you know"... things like that. i have no idea how the recievers took it, but i'd hope that it brought a smile to their faces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)