Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice for fathers of daughters

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am wanting to hear some of your advice for the fathers of daughters.  I  as well as many others view a fathers role in his daughters life is extremely important.  So, based on your experience as a daughter, women, mother; what advice would you like to give the fathers out there about their little girls and what they really want from a father, or what to expect in raising a daughter?

I will go first...

Expect your daughter to feel inadequate in her beauty or intelligence when around the other girls at least one time during her youth.  We all go through this.  No matter how confident we may seem, at least one time in our life, we may feel dumb, or ugly, or too fat or skinny ect.  She may be too embarrassed to speak up about it. But you would be advised to keep track so that you could help build her self confidence/self worth at a critical time. Yes her mother is important too.  But you as the first man in her life are even more important, and how you make her feel about herself at a young age, could impact the way she views herself and her worth as far as the second man in her life goes.  So set the stage for that second man.  If you treat her like she is a diamond, then more than likely she wouldn't settle for a man that would treat her like trash.  

Any other suggestions?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bubbie0809
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I don't have anything to add -  I am not sure about this but

Bump! 

jaysmommy04
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Thanks!

clippingmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

when young girls have a srong father figure in their life they are less likely to become sexually active at a young age.

jaysmommy04
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM

BUMP!

jaysmommy04
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)