Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

First of all, I know several people are going to call me ungrateful and inconsiderate. I am very thankful that I even had a shower at all, I just wish some things would have gone differently.

I am supper annoyed that basicly my entire shower was a disaster. I didn't have it until today and I am due Jan 1. And every women in my family delivers really early. I wanted to have it at the end of october or the middle of november but there were conflicts, so we put it off so there would be time to plan it. But 2 weeks ago, the original person that was suppose to be planning it decided she didn't want to do it after all so we were going to have someone else plan it. Then the next day the original person decided she would do some of it after all but couldn't handle all of it. So original person did just the games, and the other did the food and decorations. No big deal except today, I got there at 1230 (shower starts at 1) and most of the house still needed decorated, and not all of the decorations were there. 1 rolls around and decorations and things are still being set up, and there is almost no food, only the handfull that my mom brought. Well it becomes 130 and most people are there, but we are still missing a few, no big deal, we went ahead and started the games. And those were a blast! Very very very fun! Then at about 245 the games were all done, and there was still no food! The person bringing food hadn't shown up until a few minutes before 3. So eventually she gets there and sets it all up, but right after setting it up she leaves, didn't say anything to me or anyone else basicly just set up and left. So we all finally got to eat, but had to kind of hurry so I could open gifts, and people from out of town could get home. It was insane! And only 3 friends actually showed up, everyone else was family. Not really a big deal, but most of my friends are local and still didn't bother to come :( Over all though the shower was a lot of fun, and I did have a huge blast getting to play games and talk to everyone! Just wish it would have gone a little better.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emeraldangel20
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm sorry. at least you had fun and thats all that matters

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Very true! I am supper happy it was still fun for me!

Quoting emeraldangel20:

i'm sorry. at least you had fun and thats all that matters

mamagreen08
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Try not to sweat it. It sounds like overall you had a good time. There could have been something going on with the other person. However, it would have been polite to call and tell you and guest that she would be late with the food.

Mom2Addison12
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way.

But, I only had two friends at my shower, the rest were family.

And at 1245, when the food wasn't there why didn't anyone call the person who brought the food?

And no one does their showers months before they are due, they do them at about 6 weeks before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:00 PM

My mom or sister tried to call her but she wouldn't answer the phone! And I know of several people that are due the same day as me or later then me that had their showers back in november! Even my sister had hers about 2 months before she was due...

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

And at 1245, when the food wasn't there why didn't anyone call the person who brought the food?

And no one does their showers months before they are due, they do them at about 6 weeks before.

Chankez21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM
My son was actually present at our second baby shower! Lol!

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I was a little worried that was going to happen to me for a little while because of a few issues! I wouldn't have minded it would have just made it harder.

Quoting Chankez21:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Chankez21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:10 PM
I do understand what you're saying here. It was fun & you're grateful, but our baby showers are kind of like weddings. We build them up for months & anticpitate the day we get to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little one(s). We want them to be defect. I get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was a little worried that was going to happen to me for a little while because of a few issues! I wouldn't have minded it would have just made it harder.

Quoting Chankez21:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chankez21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Autocorrect turned perfect into defect! :-)

Quoting Chankez21:

I do understand what you're saying here. It was fun & you're grateful, but our baby showers are kind of like weddings. We build them up for months & anticpitate the day we get to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little one(s). We want them to be defect. I get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Chankez21:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Yup! That is it exactly! And every other major event in my life has been a disaster so I don't know why I thought this was going to be any different. I still had a lot of fun though, so that is all that counts

Quoting Chankez21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Chankez21:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)