Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why did you have kid/s?

Posted by   + Show Post

What made you want to become a mother? Why did you decide to have children?

I always knew I wanted to be a mother, there was never a doubt in my mind.

It may not have happened the way I planned but I wouldn't change it, my dd means the world to me.

toddler girlLoreena 5/14/2010

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Replies (21-28):
Embers88
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Well, my son was a surprise so I didn't exactly plan on having him. But I was SO SO happy to bring him into this world. I hadn't even STARTED thinking about motherhood when I found out I was pregnant... but the second I knew, I loved him. 

bb510
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:07 AM
No condom! We eventually wanted kids, so we were happy.
pinkprincess008
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Well my son was not planned and my daughter was planned because I didnt want my son to be an only child. My second daughter was an opps baby lol. I miss her so much!

Sweets27
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:11 AM
I honestly never thought about having kids when I was younger. I didn't think about my future with kids. We just ended up pregnant and that was how our life changed. I love being a mother. We have two kids now. I would love to have one more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:12 AM
That's what happened with me LOL.

Quoting Embers88:

Well, my son was a surprise so I didn't exactly plan on having him. But I was SO SO happy to bring him into this world. I hadn't even STARTED thinking about motherhood when I found out I was pregnant... but the second I knew, I loved him. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM

I am sorry for you loss. It did not sound awful, I think that is a normal reaction.

Quoting Crashmonster1:

I never wanted kids and shortly out of highschool I got pregnant and had my daughter she past away at 5 months and 10 days from SIDS I kinda went off the deep end for a bit and then I decided I guess and I know this is going to sound soooo flippin awful but I decided I wanted another child to fill that void so I had my son and I at that point figured I was done and I didnt want anymore.  I then met my husband and he said If we were going to be together I needed to be open to having one more child so I agreed and that is how I got my daughter and now I am completely done.  And I know I am completely blessed with the children I have and the time that I did have with my first daughter as that time with her made me appreciate just how much more I should always appreciate my kids

texanmomma15
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I never really wanted them but I got pregnant with my oldest and he was my wake up call i was going down a really bad path God gave him to me to save me and when i had him, I felt like i was finally whole for the first time in my life. then :D i got w mmy bf now and we just had beautiful baby boy in october and i cannot imagine my life without them

evillette
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM

I never said that i wanted kids. My sisters always did and i was content being in thier lives. I didnt want them cause i was so afraid that i would be just as abusive as my mother was or i would not be able to protect them from people like my uncle who raped and molested me for years. the world seems to much for such a small defenseless person.

Lo and behold right before i turned 21 my OBG said i was preagnat and it was the cause of all my problems i was haveing OMG how could that happen. Then the ultra sound said twins!!!! A boy and a girl! I talked to people about an abortion but i couldnt do it.

I love my kids so much. I cant imagine my life without them. I had to have an ablation last Feb and i wish so much that i could concieve again but the twins will be the end of my child bearing days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)