Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He doesnt want me to stay **Edit**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My mom is leaving at the end of the month and I want me and the baby to stay with him (her father, my soon to be ex now). She is moving all the way to MD and we are in NY. I dont want to go. But he says I will have a better opportunity there.

Now I have been asking him to give me the money to start up with Ameriplan but he will not give me the $20 to do that. It has been hard trying to find a job here so I can just imagine how hard it will be down there. I know I can do good working from home and I cant really work outside the home anyway with my anxiety, bipolar and bladder issues not to mention our child's schedule and tantrums and just so much stuff. Its just going to be worse moving hundreds of miles away. I dont know what to do right now.

**Edit: I was so lost and hurt yesterday that I left some things out and want to point some things out. I have been with him for 2 years. Our daughter is 1. I am thinking he regrets our child which honestly I dont care about because she will always be loved by me. He knows that I have been trying to look for a job. He flat out said after he told me MD was a better opportunity that he just does not feel like taking care of me and our child. Even though he has been for the last 6 months. 

I dont have any money. Yeah my mom is probably going to pay for my ticket to MD and stuff but I started a life here in NY even without him in it, I want to stay. Other than my mom I have no relatives here I can stay with and a shelter is out of the question. I am so hurt and upset right now. My family is like nomads. We have been to 14 different apartments and houses in 2 states since I was born. Im tired of it. I want my child to have some stability and Im really upset that he doesnt want that too but I am also willing to move on. I cant even lay next to him right now Im so upset. But I will move on.

As for working from home, I am trying to do that. I just need the start up cost. You would think  $20 wasnt much but it is when you are living check to check. My mom gets fixed income so she has to plan out her money and I dont think she will give me the $20 on top of the $40 ticket to MD so IDK. Ive applied to Lionbridge and Leapforce (2 free companies online) and got denied by one and havent heard anything from the other. I am just stuck right now. I told him from the beginning I dont want his child support. If he is not willing to do anything for our child then he can relinquish his rights but he wont. He wants to have control over everything. I buy most of her stuff doing surveys and the such and getting giftcards and paypal money. He just started buying diapers 2 months ago. Im sick. I cant even sleep right now.

Im sorry for making it so long and thank you all for reading it**

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Replies (11-14):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:32 AM

if he dont wanna sign his rights away you need to file for child support asap

masonmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:37 AM
So live off of him who doesn't want you around or live off of your mom who can't provide the stable living situation you would like for your child? Sounds like its time to put on your big girl panties and get help for your bipolar, anxiety, and bladder issues and stand on your own 2 feet. You should never rely on anyone other then yourself. No man will do it for you and your mom can't do it forever. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Quoting masonmomma:

So live off of him who doesn't want you around or live off of your mom who can't provide the stable living situation you would like for your child? Sounds like its time to put on your big girl panties and get help for your bipolar, anxiety, and bladder issues and stand on your own 2 feet. You should never rely on anyone other then yourself. No man will do it for you and your mom can't do it forever. Good luck.

I was close to accomplishing all of this. I just got my medical on and with this insurance I have to go through a PCP to get mental health services. My insurance started on the first. Its medicaid. I dont know if I can transfer it from one state to another or not.

And Im pretty much damn if I do or dont because I cant find a PCP that takes my insurance and will let me come in before the 19th of december and thats around the time were moving. So this is just stress on top of stress.

I want to do the right thing and go back to work in a physical place but it doesnt seem to be working out that way for me. I know nothing is impossible but it sure as hell seems like it.

bellanoelsmom
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:09 AM
I would go with your mom, she is the only one offering u a hand up. First thing when u get to MD I'd file for child support. It is very noble of you to decline child support but if he won't sign over his rights he is just trying to control you. Its not fair that your mother pay for everything or that you and your daughter go without things he can and should provide. Go to md, go to child support office, get some temporary assistance for you and your daughter then look for a job and some friends. Join playgroups in your area to get to get to know the area and people. Find strength to move ahead for you and your daughter. I cant see you working at home and making enough $ to support you and your little girl. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN