Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Half my Age

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:42 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I get annoyed when someone half my age acts like they know more about life than I do.

They might know more about a certain subject, they might be more or less educated, and they might be smarter. But they will never know as much as I do until they are my age, because I've lived longer. Just as I don't know as much as someone older than me.

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
firebird78
by mystic moon on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:48 AM

they say, wisdom comes with age

AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes its the other way around as well. People older than you act like they know everything there is to know just because they are older. They think because they are older and have lived longer they know best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firebird78
by mystic moon on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:02 AM

But that's because they've done or been through whatever it is. It is just because they are older. They've lived long enough perhaps to feel the consequences of their actions/decisions.

For instance, would you tell a 65 yr old about menopause ? What would you know about it? I don't mean what you heard, or what you read....what would you have experienced of it, that you would be able in your youthful wisdom to impart?

Quoting AirForceWife13:

Sometimes its the other way around as well. People older than you act like they know everything there is to know just because they are older. They think because they are older and have lived longer they know best.

mamagreen08
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:02 AM
Wisdom doesn't just come from age but life lessons too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:09 AM
2 moms liked this

right and no matter who you are, the longer you live, the more opportunity you've had for life lessons

Quoting mamagreen08:

Wisdom doesn't just come from age but life lessons too.

AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:38 AM
I'm not saying in all situations they know more or don't know more. But in what you mentioned I would not try to say I knew more. If I had experienced menopause I would share my experience but never try to say I knew better than them. Everyone has different experiences and different stories to share but some older people think their experience entitles them to be rude about talking down to younger people.

Quoting buttersworth:

But that's because they've done or been through whatever it is. It is just because they are older. They've lived long enough perhaps to feel the consequences of their actions/decisions.

For instance, would you tell a 65 yr old about menopause ? What would you know about it? I don't mean what you heard, or what you read....what would you have experienced of it, that you would be able in your youthful wisdom to impart?

Quoting AirForceWife13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:46 AM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

AGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTELLIGIENCE...

I KNOW LOTS OF STUPID OLD PEOPLE AND LOTS OF STUPID YOUNG PEOPLE...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured