Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your husband had an addiction....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
How would you handle it? If he didn't seek help or help repeatedly failed?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
august_baby_09
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:36 AM

idk its hard to say i would like to say i would just leave but after having family members that have addictions its not always that easy.

lovebeingmrs
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:58 AM
Hubby was an alcoholic before we got together, but then again so was I.
If he went back to drinking (which I know he won't ever do cause he told me how messed up his life was) I would quickly get him back into AA. but if he kept failing and not really trying to stay sober then I wouldn't stay, my kids don't need to see him drunk every night. That's not a home I want for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband did have an addiction to pain meds after he had 2 rods and 8 screws put in his back. He tried every thing from counseling to cold turkey to rehab and nothing seemed to help. Finally I gave him an ultimatum which I really didn't want too but I knew I had to take drastic measure because we have kids and had just gotten pregnant. I told him if he didn't get clean in 2 months I would leave him and the kids would come with me. It was hard he had to go cold turkey under doctor supervision, but he did it in 6 weeks and I couldn't be prouder of him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleeka07
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:58 AM

My DF has an addiction to opiates.  He's been clean for 3 years.  If he relapsed I most surely would get him help and if it just wasn't working for him, I'd have to leave, for me and my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured