Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whoa hold the h€ll up..

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:10 AM
  • 29 Replies
I was reading the post where if you were a stay at home mom and dh would want a divorce and I seen something. Half of you wouldn't fight to save your marriage!! My question is why..
Why wouldn't you fight? Why would you be willing to let him walk out the door so easily ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe those women who wouldn't fight are not happy in their marriage and that would be an easy out. Then they could say it wasn't their choice. I know I would try everything I could to fix what was wrong and if nothing worked and he still felt that way at least I know I fought til the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:30 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Dh told me the other night he was thinking of divorce cause of some issues we were having, after I finished crying, I calm sat down with him and talked about it. We are working on the issues. I was just surpized how many would just let their dh walk out like that.

Quoting AirForceWife13:

Maybe those women who wouldn't fight are not happy in their marriage and that would be an easy out. Then they could say it wasn't their choice. I know I would try everything I could to fix what was wrong and if nothing worked and he still felt that way at least I know I fought til the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I bet some women have this image of married life being so easy and not hard work and then when they actually realize they have to work at it and have to fight at times they just wanna bail. And then some women probably think well if he don't want me then fine I'm gone because their pride is too big. Suck it up and work at it, too many people get divorced cuz they don't want to work, they want the fairy tale cinderella shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I can't speak for everyone here but I can say this for myself sometimes people don't see eye to eye after trying so hard and just stop getting along.

If the man wants to leave because he thinks the grass is greener on the other side and walks out be my guest but as soon as u discover it's not greener don't come crawling begging me to take you back because your just going to leave again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:54 AM
I would fight to try and save it but if in the end it wasn't going to work I would be okay on my own.
ShannyLouisiany
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:12 AM
surpizing, isn't it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:14 AM

I wouldn't fight to keep him, but to call his bluff... You want a divorce go right on ahead. See ya in court and bring your fat check book because you are gonna need it.

LOL

august_baby_09
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:19 AM
I agree. I know I would fight like heck to save my marriage.

Quoting AirForceWife13:

I bet some women have this image of married life being so easy and not hard work and then when they actually realize they have to work at it and have to fight at times they just wanna bail. And then some women probably think well if he don't want me then fine I'm gone because their pride is too big. Suck it up and work at it, too many people get divorced cuz they don't want to work, they want the fairy tale cinderella shit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I've been fighting for 7 years.  we have good days, but the bad far out number them.  I really think is base expectations of a wife are something I'll never be able to live up to.  He's looking for June Cleaver when all I've got is Rosanne.

as long as things are civil, I can deal with it, but I certainly wouldn't discourage him from moving on if he wanted it.

and before anyone asks, I have not persued a divorce because my access to money is limited and I need to make do until I can go back to work once the kids are in school full time.

lovebeingmrs
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Was he like that before you two married? I let my dh know I wasn't now nor would I ever be Suzy homemaker.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been fighting for 7 years.  we have good days, but the bad far out number them.  I really think is base expectations of a wife are something I'll never be able to live up to.  He's looking for June Cleaver when all I've got is Rosanne.

as long as things are civil, I can deal with it, but I certainly wouldn't discourage him from moving on if he wanted it.

and before anyone asks, I have not persued a divorce because my access to money is limited and I need to make do until I can go back to work once the kids are in school full time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)