Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you consider being a virgin? *Edit w/ definition and poll*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

Vaginal penetration only

Anal or vaginal penetration

Any sexual experience means you are not a virgin

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Something I always found to be an interesting debate. Me and my SIL were discussing it and she thinks that ANY act of sexual nature (oral, anal, etc) means you loose your virginity. I, on the other hand, always believed it was when you actually had sex, you know, the kind that will make babies lol.

Virginity refers to the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse. There are cultural and religious traditions which place special value and significance on this state, especially in the case of unmarried females, associated with notions of personal purity, honor and worth. Like chastity, the concept of virginity has traditionally involved sexual abstinence before marriage, and then to engage in sexual acts only with the marriage partner.

Unlike the term premarital sex, which can refer to more than one occasion of sexual activity and can be judgment neutral, the concept of virginity usually involves moral or religious issues and can have consequences in terms of social status and in interpersonal relationships. A person can lose his/her virginity voluntarily or involuntarily, as in the case of rape.

The term originally only referred to sexually inexperienced women, but has evolved to encompass a range of definitions, as found in traditional, modern, and ethical concepts.[1][2][3][4] Heterosexual individuals may or may not consider loss of virginity to occur only through penile-vaginal penetration,[1][3][4] while people of other sexual orientations may include oral sex, anal sex or mutual masturbation in their definitions of losing one's virginity.[3][5][6] Further, the belief that virginity can only be lost through consensual sex has also been prevalent

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Replies (21-26):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I think you only lose your virginity if you have vaginal intercourse. I don't see oral as 'sex' and anal...well, I don't want to even think about anal, so lets move on! That is where your physical virginity is, so it only makes sense that you are no longer a virgin only after vaginal penetration.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Quoting camsmami:

What about those molested as a child?

Are we considered non-virgins?

Unless it was consensual, it is not 'sex'. You are still considered a virgin (maybe not physically) if you have not had sex (or sexual activity).

Ladywithtwo
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM
I don't see how a virgin would have anal before vaginal? That seems crazy to me! So, yes, either form is sex
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L1558
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

When you unbutton the top button on your blouse.

ONLY KIDDING

Butterfly2454
by Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM
I said vaginal or anal because i see both being very intamate and very moreso then oral that may not make sence lol and i do not believe u can have anal and not count that as a sex partner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly2454
by Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM
and as for rape victums i see that as a voilent act and to not count that to me u give ur virginity away it cant get taken if that makes sence
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured