Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ok, so I know nobody here is a doctor or anything but, I have a 13yr old sister who is saying she is having rectal bleeding. It isn't that bad but she isn't sexually active, she isn't on her period and she hasn't had a bowel movement. Has anybody here had unexplained rectal bleeding? Or does anybody know what this could be? I've looked on Google and WebMD and nothing came up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
BellaBlondie
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:54 PM

The woman who typed chromes meant crohn's diesase

Crimsonia
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Is it bright red bleeding or is it dark with the appearance of coffee grounds?

If it's bright red, chances are it's just a tear or an hemorrhoid, and likely nothing to worry about... if it's dark and looks like coffee grounds... she needs to go in to the ER immediately.

MrsDavid
by Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Be sure it's bleeding.

I once had too much Red Velvet Cake and called my DH in a panic.....turns out the red food dye really did a number on my number 2!

meka26
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM

DD had this problem when she was constipated. Maybe she was straining while having a BM. It could also be hemorrhoids.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:58 PM

It's not "chromes" like a pp said. It's "crohn's" and it sucks. It could be that, hemmorhoids, anal fissures... a number of things, relally. She should go see a dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:59 PM
She's telling me it is bright red, but also dark. Not like coffee beans. But like a nose bleed red. She's also telling me her stomach was hurting earlier.

Quoting Crimsonia:

If it's bright red, chances are it's just a tear or an hemorrhoid, and likely nothing to worry about... if it's dark and looks like coffee grounds... she needs to go in to the ER immediately.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crimsonia
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Chances are... it's nothing serious... but she knows her body better than I do.... I would say... IF she is concerned, she should go in and get checked out... just for her own peace of mind.

BTW... I said coffee GROUNDS.... NOT... coffee beans... LOL

Quoting Anonymous:
She's telling me it is bright red, but also dark. Not like coffee beans. But like a nose bleed red. She's also telling me her stomach was hurting earlier.
Quoting Crimsonia:

lovelyladybump
by Tasha on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Crohn’s disease is an ongoing disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract, also referred to as the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Crohn’s disease can affect any area of the GI tract, from the mouth to the anus, but it most commonly affects the lower part of the small intestine, called the ileum.

-IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) rritable bowel syndrome (IBS, or spastic colon) is a diagnosis of exclusion. It is a functional bowel disorder characterized by chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating, and alteration of bowel habits in the absence of any detectable organic cause. In some cases, the symptoms are relieved by bowel movements.Diarrhea or constipation may predominate.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is IBS, chromes? It is ok. Any answer helps. Thanks.

Quoting lovelyladybump:

IBS, chromes(sp?).. She needs to go see her Dr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamma2B666
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:13 PM
I had a friend that ate nachos and one didn't digest properly and it cut her...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah427
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Worth it go to the doctor!!! ESP. With bleeding, other replies already said everything I thought it could be. Good luck! Hopefully it's no big deal...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN