Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ok, so I know nobody here is a doctor or anything but, I have a 13yr old sister who is saying she is having rectal bleeding. It isn't that bad but she isn't sexually active, she isn't on her period and she hasn't had a bowel movement. Has anybody here had unexplained rectal bleeding? Or does anybody know what this could be? I've looked on Google and WebMD and nothing came up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
lovelyladybump
by Tasha on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Thank you for correcting me. As I said, I wasn't sure how to spell it..

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

It's not "chromes" like a pp said. It's "crohn's" and it sucks. It could be that, hemmorhoids, anal fissures... a number of things, relally. She should go see a dr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Constipation and hard bowel movements can cause small tears around the butthole.  I believe they are called fissures but I'm not sure of the spelling.  It's better to see a DR to make sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Lol. I was thinking of beans for some reason. >_< and ok I will let her know to have my mom take her to the E.R if she is concerned.

Quoting Crimsonia:

Chances are... it's nothing serious... but she knows her body better than I do.... I would say... IF she is concerned, she should go in and get checked out... just for her own peace of mind.

BTW... I said coffee GROUNDS.... NOT... coffee beans... LOL

Quoting Anonymous:
She's telling me it is bright red, but also dark. Not like coffee beans. But like a nose bleed red. She's also telling me her stomach was hurting earlier.

Quoting Crimsonia:

Is it bright red bleeding or is it dark with the appearance of coffee grounds?

If it's bright red, chances are it's just a tear or an hemorrhoid, and likely nothing to worry about... if it's dark and looks like coffee grounds... she needs to go in to the ER immediately.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:19 PM

No big deal. If she decided to google it, it would help if she had the correct spelling. Not correcting you to be a bitch. :)

Quoting lovelyladybump:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

It's not "chromes" like a pp said. It's "crohn's" and it sucks. It could be that, hemmorhoids, anal fissures... a number of things, relally. She should go see a dr.

Emily18234
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Straining too much when pooping.

lovelyladybump
by Tasha on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Lol nah I understand

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

No big deal. If she decided to google it, it would help if she had the correct spelling. Not correcting you to be a bitch. :)

Quoting lovelyladybump:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM
I agree

Quoting tori911:

Could it be hemorrhoids? If she is constipated and straining during bowel movements, that could cause them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BABmama08
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 6:25 PM

a tear. this happened to my ex.

married-in-06
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 6:25 PM
Its Crohns btw

Quoting Anonymous:

What is IBS, chromes? It is ok. Any answer helps. Thanks.

Quoting lovelyladybump:

IBS, chromes(sp?).. She needs to go see her Dr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM
are joking?? er for hemorrhoids??? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. I was thinking of beans for some reason. >_< and ok I will let her know to have my mom take her to the E.R if she is concerned.

Quoting Crimsonia:

Chances are... it's nothing serious... but she knows her body better than I do.... I would say... IF she is concerned, she should go in and get checked out... just for her own peace of mind.

BTW... I said coffee GROUNDS.... NOT... coffee beans... LOL

Quoting Anonymous:
She's telling me it is bright red, but also dark. Not like coffee beans. But like a nose bleed red. She's also telling me her stomach was hurting earlier.

Quoting Crimsonia:

Is it bright red bleeding or is it dark with the appearance of coffee grounds?

If it's bright red, chances are it's just a tear or an hemorrhoid, and likely nothing to worry about... if it's dark and looks like coffee grounds... she needs to go in to the ER immediately.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)