Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously?! Go F*** yourselves! (big vent post with profanity and it is LONG!)

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM
  • 47 Replies

(please see 1st 2 comments for the rest of the story)

I have come to the conclusion that MOST my friends are complete dickholes! Here is a snipit of conversation that happened due to my current fb status. I only included a few of their comments otherwise you'd be reading this post until fucking tomorrow! Fb Status is in blue, comments are in red! Please keep in mind that my children are 5, 3, and 1.

Just got all my kids school supplies for about $20. That includes their workbooks! I'm so excited. Kiara and Braelynn are both excelling with Hooked On Phonics... I am starting Brae at the same time (not same level) because she hates being left out. But Brae already has her first 5 letters memorized ABCDE :)

Once I get their school binders together I will take photos! I plan on getting crafty.

(Note the 1st couple posts were positive ones about how awesome it was that I was homeschooling my children. Then this chaos followed.)

D-bag1: Omg...

D-bag2:  They are gonna be so socially awkward

D-bag3: Really Tracy? They are already awkward and behind. Home schooling is the dumbest thing anyone could ever do to their child. Your poor kids have been throigh enough in their little lives and now you are going to take away any normal life they even had a chance at. My heart is aching for those babies right now. =o<

Me: My kids are NOT awkward... and behind?! Seriously? Kiara can count, add, subtract, and tell time. She knows most of her alphabet and we're working on advancing that. I have kept up with what she is supposed to know and she is either beyond it in certain areas or right on track. I cannot believe you can be so HATEFUL to me! Seriously? My children are my WORLD! They speak really well and I have them involved with other children. My kids act completely NORMAL around other children and adults. Homeschool does not mean that they will not be around kids. I have been making sure that my kids get more interaction than their siblings. 

You seriously attacked me for doing what I as the parent feel is best in their situation. You did for your what you felt was best, let me do mine and stop being so judgmental.

D-bag3: The word awkward is not rude. I love those kids and they are good kids. They just are awkward around others. It is not a bad thing. They are beautiful creative kids who deserved to be with other kids on a daily basis. They deserve to have friends. It breaks my heart that the people they interact the most with now is their parent's friends. I am not attacking Tracy I am just tired of seeing those beautiful children being held back from being kids. I have seen so many kids home schooled over the years and I have yet to see one who didn't have a hard time overcoming social situations. I know the intent is good but you guys really need to think hard about how you want your kids to turn out. I am not trying to be difficult here. I really do love these kids and I have been in their lives a lot for awhile but I have seen so many kids who have struggled as adults because they were home schooled and I realize it is my opinion but it also a very big pet peeve of mine. When you guys are my age you will understand. I love Tracy as if she was my own kid and she knows when I put it out there I mean it otherwise you don't hear from me. Tracy I think it is great to work with the kids on things they need for school but they really need to go to school. Do you realize if your parents had done that to you, you would have never met some of the great friends you have especially the ones who love you and your kids enough to be honest with them.

"You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it." -The Secret

Blessed Be

by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiaras_mommy
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM

D-bag4: I don't understand all of these facebook mom's keeping up with the jones's stuff. why does everyone have to out do everyone on fb?! seriously?? yeah, guess what, i'm not ashamed to say my life isn't perfect. my husband and I wern't together for a year, my daughter is behind a little (but she's only 2 and knows all her abc's and can count to 20), but we're doing 100% than we were and a lot better than a lot of people I know. How bout we think of our children first instead of trying to impress eveyone on a social networking site!!! JUST SAYIN.

Me: Honestly D-bag4, I'm not trying to "Keep Up With The Jones's". I'm just doing what I feel is best for my children. I'm so glad Jill is doing wonderful and even I have seen the improvements she has made. I just know the things my children know and are capable of and I don't appreciate being talked down to. I love all of you and you are entitled to your opinions but this whole argument is ridiculous. I was just excited at the things I found and what I am doing for my children. I'm proud of them and their progress and how wonderful they are doing since I started them on the Hooked On Phonics program. I only want the best for my children and I do brag about them but its because I'm honestly proud. Not because I think they are better than anyone else's kids or that my life is better than anyone's. I am not someone who can sit on my high horse. I have made PLENTY of mistakes that I'm not proud of but me and my family have come a long way and I think I have every right to be proud of that fact.

kiaras_mommy
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Saviour1: Is everybody really making a mountain out of a mole hill? Shit all tracy was saying was how excited she was that she got their activity supplies. And everyone is turning it into a huge debate. Im sorry tracy but u cant win with some people. And btw i thought about homeschooling my child when the time comes. Cause u kno id rather her not get shot or stabbed or some other child beat the hell out of her in kindergarden( yeh its happening) I say you do what YOU feel is best for YOUR children. To hell with what anyone else thinks. They are YOUR children after all.

Saviour2: how is she trying to outdo everyone or keep up with everyone else, all she did was let everyone know how proud she is of her daughters for showing an interest in learning and of herself for giving them the tools they need to have in order to grow their curiousity? And where did this concept of all homeschooled kids being socially awkward come from? I was educated in public schools, but some of my best friends growing up were homeschooled. Their mothers didnt keep them holed up inside all day, perfecting their lessons. They did their lessons, then got to play, they were able to go out & make friends. Im not sure where you guys get your informtion, but youre wrong. Tracys kids have had many playdates with my kids. They arent awkward, they arent antisocial, they are smart, respectful and some of the most considerate children ive ever met, even more so than my own, and he goes to public school, so what does that say for all your "facts"? Lets stop telling everyone else how to raise their children & stop forcing our beliefs on others. Tracys doing the best she can, and i can tell you that her best is better than most peoples. And by bashing her on a social networking site where hundreds of other people can read your rude remarks just make you look like the uneducated ones...... My mom didnt homeschool me, but she did teach me to be respectful........

Now there are MANY more posts, most were friends and family on my side attacking the haters. There are over 50 comments and it just keeps coming. I have stopped responding and just letting people do what they want. I am a bit irritated. A simple fucking post turns into WW3! GRRRR! I have never had anyone call my children awkward. EVER. Or "behind". My children are amazing. I wish people would let me be the parent and stop with the hate.

End Rant.

lovebeingmrs
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Wow really? Do what's you think is best for your kids. Screw what your so called friends think. Home school kids are not awkward. I seen plenty of home schooled kids become normal members of this world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM

i have met some home schooled kids too, they are usually MORE ADVANCED and faaaaar more MATURE then other kids their age! WHAT IS WITH THOES PEOPLE? you don't need enemies when you have friends like that i guess....

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:07 AM

meh.....it's FB

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

my Niece is always at war with someone on FB.........it's kinda funny to watch

kiaras_mommy
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Fb yes, but these aren't just fb friends. None of these people are. They are people I love, respect, and care about. Its stupid that I can't post something so simple without getting attacked for it. I'm just waiting for a comeback status, "I hate how some people don't care about their kids. Its a shame these kids are suffering." Just waiting on it. They haven't grown up. Many of them haven't had to. I had children young so many of my friends tend to still be stuck in highschool.

Quoting Amybelle:

meh.....it's FB

"You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it." -The Secret

Blessed Be

peacheylady
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:11 AM
If they want to pay and support your children....then they can gripe about them being homeschooled.
Until then....keep up the good work momma. Afterall they are your children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I used to do a lady's hair who homeschooled her daughter and she was still invloved in sports and dance everyday. She was ahead of kids her age. Your friends make facebook sound like cafemom! lol

kiaras_mommy
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

You're telling me. haha

Its drama drama drama. Never boring. lol

I love how they say my kids are behind. My 3 yr old can say her entire alphabet and I'm working with her on recognizing her letters. My 5yr old knows more than my friends sd and she goes to an expensive private school. I just don't understand how they are measuring my children. I have never once been told my kids were "behind" or "awkward". My children have always been referred to as social butterflies. Its ridiculous.

Quoting babyboy117:

I used to do a lady's hair who homeschooled her daughter and she was still invloved in sports and dance everyday. She was ahead of kids her age. Your friends make facebook sound like cafemom! lol

Blessed Be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN