Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Earn your name

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So my bd and I had never lived together, just did the long-distance relationship thing. We barely knew each other when I became pregnant with dd. I couldn't move to be with him because I needed a job to pay my bills, but also needed the insurance. Well, just over a year later after having dd, I got the second surprise of my life and found out I was pregnant with ds. Well, apparently bd wasn't committed to raising these kids together, because while I was pregnant with ds, he got himself a new gf who herself has a child. He neglected to tell me about the new gf until after his visit after ds was born. Well buddy, if you want to play house and daddy to someone else's kid, but not your own 2 biological children, you'll forever be known to them by your first name from now on. Dad is a name & title you EARN - it's not going to be an automatic. From now on, all cries for "daddy" will be redirected and corrected to your first name. Strangers you want to be with YOUR children, strangers you'll be the older they get, the more formal your title; eventually, you'll just be known to them as Mr. Last Name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Why aren't people more careful about who they procreate with?

mom2lyl
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:13 AM

I agree. My best friend had a child who i 1 now and the father has had nothing to do with her. He swore up and down it was not his until they had a court date finally last month. He came in the court house and wanted to hold the baby and called her daddy's little angel, when he had NEVER seen her, bought a pack of diapers, called to see how she wasn nothing before this. And they were their for paternity because he denies her. Now after only seeing his dd once to get a paternity test, and without results (so he knew all along she was his) he wants my friend to give thier DD his last name. PLEASE... thats something you have to earn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:16 AM
Hopefully he steps up, and takes care of his children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:17 AM
Because we like people such as yourself whose poo don't stink judging us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why aren't people more careful about who they procreate with?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:18 AM

how did you think it would turn out?

doodasmomma
by Anita on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:36 AM
2 moms liked this

That's why my step-dad gets called dad and my bio dad gets called sperm donor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:42 AM
I feel the same way. My little girl will never know her real dad and will forever use the name daddy and dad for the man that actually takes care of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM

My children refer to my SO as dad when they are with their biodad and it pisses him off to no end. (He called me to complain). and I told him that my SO is there more than he is. When the kids are sick, when DS fractured his wrist, school functions, as well as other things, it is my SO that makes sure that the kids are well taken care of. Ex just tells me "Why doesn't so-and-so take care of it?" So I just quit calling him when things  happen because i know what response I am going to get from him.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 6, 2011 at 4:05 AM
Yep. I don't blame you, op.

Quoting doodasmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Quoting doodasmomma:

Same with me until my Dad died in 2004. My sperm donor is still living. I wish it was the other way around. I miss my dad so much.

And to the PP who said something about not getting to know who we procreate with, umm... even married people together for 20 years can have fucked up partners. So some of us single moms make mistakes. Some married people do too.

I feel your pain OP. Except Im not having another baby with my douchebag who is my daughter's father. And I soon as I can leave he will never see her again either. Oh well. We do what is best for our kids and I truly think he was not meant to be a father at all. He tries but trying is not enough. You either are committed to parenthood 100% or 0%.

♥♥♥Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your HEART♥♥♥

♥♥♥Brielle: My heart, soul and existence! God's Gift! Mommy's Angel♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)