Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Needy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I really want jewelry for christmas. I have hinted for another holiday also, but it failed. I don't need anything expensive, I just think a necklace or a promise ring would be soo cute and special. I've been with my boyfriend/babydaddy for 2 and a half years and all I really ever got for xmas and other holidays was candy and a stuffed animal. I hinted to him before about a promise ring and nothing and this year he even joked and said he'd get me a ring pop as a promise ring so he knows I would like one. I don't know why I want it so bad but I guess because I've never really gotten any jewelry that was special before..

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thehickinhickor
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:42 AM
I hope you get it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is the same way, though I never even got candy or an animal. :(

He was literally clueless about things like that, so I had to break it down for him. I was tired of not feeling appreciated on birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, Christmas...

So, I started with my birthday one year. I told him that since I always did something special for him, but never got any acknowledgement, I wanted him to take me somewhere meaningful and he'd have to do all the planning himself. I wanted to be surprised. And, he had to show me how much he cared by putting that much thought into the process. It worked and we had a great time. 

Then, for Valentine's Day, I told him how much I loved that other women got flowers from their husbands delivered to work, and that I'd always wanted to be the special one that everyone envied. We talked about it daily almost, but he never hinted that he'd do it- and he did. 

Afterwards, we sat down and had a talk about material things. No, if we were dirt poor and living off of public assistance and whatnot, I would never expect those things. But, it's nice to feel appreciated and be able to show others the things he buys for me and for the others to be jealous that their husbands aren't as thoughtful. I work my butt off for our family, and wanted to feel like a woman sometimes, instead of just a mom. 

Needless to say, he's gotten much better. The day of our 20 week ultrasound, he surprised me with a beautiful entwined hearts necklace with my birthstone and diamonds. Out of nowhere. He's bought me flowers on a few occasions, and has become much more sensitive to when I start feeling overwhelmed and need a little pampering. 

I hope at least something in my story helps you. No, I don't think you're shallow in the least. Maybe you want to have some kind of solid sentiment of your relationship after so long. Tell him it isn't a joke, and that you want to be taken seriously. You put a lot into your relationship and should have something to show for it, for sure. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I was with a man (my baby's father) for 6 years.  He never gave me a gift for my birthday or Christmas.  Never.  When I divorced him, I bought myself a nice piece of jewelry every year, wrapped it, put it under the tree, and opened it on Christmas morning.  Merry Christmas to me!  I did that until I married a man who bought jewelry for me.  

If you have a child together and he's joking about a commitment, you should reconsider just how much he cares.  He might have made the ring-pop comment to throw you off because he actually did buy you a ring.  Or, he might just be a jerk.  You'll find out in 2.5 weeks.  Good luck.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2011 at 4:08 AM

I don't think he's had a great role model either because his father doesn't really treat his mother that great. He doesnt do much to show her he cares and I think that might be why he's like that. And thank you I might have to break it down for him. I think he thinks I need it as a proof that he really loves me when I dont need it as proof it just would be a nice gesture. I know he's not afraid to commit to me. I think he might be a little well on the "cheap" side. He has the money to spend he just doesn't like spending it lol.

GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 4:09 AM
You want a promise ring.... Or just jewelry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Any kind of jewelry. I just hiinted a promise ring to him as an idea. Hmm maybe that could have something to do with it that I justed hinted that specific kind.

angel0228
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:34 AM
Uh oh this post made me feel bad... I shouldn't have snooped around for my presents last weekend....
But to ur question if he cares and wants to be in the relationship he will do things when he's ready give him time... and if you're a younge couple most guys in general freak when it comes to rings in my opinion... mine made me wait I think 4years before he gave me my promise ring. And now another 3 for my xmas gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:17 AM

I'm in the same boat. I've been with my BF for over 4 years, but I've never gotten anything on birthdays or holidays. We talked it over and agreed that neither of us need to get married to be happy, but I have told him that I at least want a ring - he says he doesn't see the point in it, but if I have to have one, that I can just go pick one out myself. He jokes and says that if he has to pick one out, he's going to get one from the quarter machines at the grocery store. I really just want him to pick something special from him -something he put a little bit of effort into

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I think I'm getting the promise ring he hinted about it! :)

janeleesmom
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I hope you get the ring!

Yes.I work! I am a stay at home momma! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN