Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I really want jewelry for christmas. I have hinted for another holiday also, but it failed. I don't need anything expensive, I just think a necklace or a promise ring would be soo cute and special. I've been with my boyfriend/babydaddy for 2 and a half years and all I really ever got for xmas and other holidays was candy and a stuffed animal. I hinted to him before about a promise ring and nothing and this year he even joked and said he'd get me a ring pop as a promise ring so he knows I would like one. I don't know why I want it so bad but I guess because I've never really gotten any jewelry that was special before..

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:41 AM
Replies (11-19):
NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Promise ring?  Seriously?  No offense but if you have kids and been together for 2 years isnt it time to just go to the courthouse if that is the goal? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

No were still young and don't plan on getting married till were older and can afford everything.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Promise ring?  Seriously?  No offense but if you have kids and been together for 2 years isnt it time to just go to the courthouse if that is the goal? 

mydebbers
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

When I dont get what I want.. I usually go out the day after Christmas, and buy it... but I buy it FOR myself... not " well you wouldnt buy it" , just a ring for me.  If you want it FROM him, then you may need to wait.  

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Yeah my husband and I felt the same way.  That is why we waited to have kids.

You are obviously young.  Promise rings are for teens.  Women get engagement rings.

Quoting Anonymous:

No were still young and don't plan on getting married till were older and can afford everything.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I'm 22 I'm not a teen. But thanks for the insult...

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Yeah my husband and I felt the same way.  That is why we waited to have kids.

You are obviously young.  Promise rings are for teens.  Women get engagement rings.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

aka_speezolove
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I lost my wedding ring just 6 months after I was married. I have never been able to replace it almost 3 years later. I have wanted a replacement ring for years (nothing special or expensive, my wedding ring wasn't expensive either) and we haven't been able to get one. I hope one day we can. I feel bad being a married woman with no wedding ring :(

Anyway, I remember this one time Dh got me a gift that I was mad about (at the time). I had been dropping hints for months that I wanted some flowers. He always told me he felt silly buying flowers cause in his eyes "they just die anyways".  Well, one day near Christmas he brought home a Cactus for me. I didn't know it was a Christmas cactus that only blooms once a year. He didn't tell me either. I didn't give him the chance. I had the audacity to be "hurt" that he got me "a silly ugly plant", when what I REALLY wanted was flowers. I threw a fit like a child and broke the pot. I broke his heart too. I ran off in a huff. I came back and he had replanted it in a different pot. I was still bummed out till about a month later, the most beautiful thing happened, It bloomed!

It is a wonderful gift. I get flowers every year about this time. Its so special and I look forward to it blooming every year.

I have long since apologized. Now its a silly joke between the two of us.

This is what a Christmas Cactus looks like:

year round:

in bloom:

kristina0121
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM
I wanted a necklace for mothers day from my ex and since he never took hints.. I bought it for myself and gave it to him to give to me from the kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM
I wanted a necklace for mothers day from my ex and since he never took hints.. I bought it for myself and gave it to him to give to me from the kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyStork
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM

I blew up at DH on Mother's Day when I got no cards or anything. Same on my birthday. NO CARD. Valentine's Day: SAME! When we finally sat dawn and talked it out after me going nuclear about it (there was a lot of other things going on and I was pregnant too) DH told me he didn't see the point because his mom never got cards. He didn;t understand why I was so upset over something so "stupid". He was totally dismayed at my reaction because he wasn't used to a woman wanting stuff like that. I told him all I wanted from him was a card. Nothing else. I told him it made me feel special and loved, and I like going back and reading what HE handpicked for ME. I explained that it made me feel like I was thought of. I HATED that I had to ask for this from him, as I felt that if he loved me, it would come naturally. Men can be real bone heads and you have to spell it out for them sometimes.

But the next day, I got a card, plus two balls of yarn for a baby blanket! :) And I got another one on our anniversary :)

Hope it works out!

Proud wife to Steven (1/25/2011) and mommy to Emerald (6/8/2008) and Connor (9/1/2011)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)