Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I feel so numb lately...

Nothing matters anymore.
I'm not eating
I barely sleep
I can't concentrate on anything.

I am just going through the motions of my day, every day. Wake up, go to class, pick ds up make him dinner, push my food around throw it out put ds in the tub then in bed sleep. And I do it all over again the next day. I am at the point where I ask myself "did I eat today? Did I eat yesterday" I think I ate a sandwich... I can't remember. I'm not hungry. I think I haven't eaten more than a nibble all week...

My friends are worried. They know something is wrong. They try to cheer me up it doesn't work.

Nothing works.

I need to see my therapist again but my insurance stopped covering it and I can't afford to go...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:03 AM
Replies (21-25):
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Oh wow I'm really sorry. Your city might have free mental health facilities, a lot of them do. Just call united way and ask them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angel.Eyes.
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I'm sorry there is not much more that I can say to help. Jesus too helps those who are willing to help themselves. And believes His promises wholeheartedly. I hope you keep my words with you as your journey in life continues - Maybe one day it will all make sense. Remember; Your thoughts are powerful. May the Lord Bless You and Keep you for all the days of your life long. You'll be in my prayers; Jesus (God) answers all of my prayers <3 Goodnight, love.

Quoting colins_mom:

i have been praying for almost 10 years for one thing: for this feeling to go away. it never has.  it gets worse and worse and worse. i pray for happiness and for a short while i will get it and things will be great. but i havent been happy for longer than 3 months at a time and then something happens and things go right back to hell. i am so sick and tired of being so damn optimistic all the time only to be disapointed. trust me i know god answers prayers but never getting the answer you need kind of wears you down. i want my life to be where i want it to be and yet it seems like anytime i am able to get to where i want to be for this point in my life i get smacked in the face and end up right back at the begining. i am sick and tired of this feeling of drowning, despair, and hopelessness. i want some sort of comfort and i cant seem to find it. i cant pay my bills, because i have to work all the damn time i dont have the time to do my school work so i am failing half of my classes... there is no light at the end of my tunnel....

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I promise you sweetheart, He does listen. You have to trust Him, you have to believe that He hears you. It took me 8 long months before I realized He answered my prayer, be patient. Do not grow weary or lose heart, don't give up. Jesus says; Lay your requests before me, and wait in expectation." Give God at least 5 minutes of your everyday, 20 seconds even, speak to Him in prayer as if He is your very best friend, because He is. He is the lover of your soul. I would have took me longer if I didn't choose to see it for what it really was; My answered prayer, He has blessed me countless times, beyond measure. He will reveal Himself. Jesus says; Trust me, and don't be afraid. I am your strength, your song and your salvation. As you pursue peace by pursuing Jesus, you'll find you are holding the true key to living the good life. Whenever He feels distant to you, you say; "Surely the Lord is in this place." He will send you thoughts, they will silently form in the deep depths of your being. You cannot rush this process, it will keep you separated from Him. Tune your heart to hear these messages; They are words of life. Jesus says; I will do, I am the Lord, the creator of all the universe. Nothing is impossible with and for Jesus (God) Father God Almighty, He is The Alpha Omega <3 I love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. He is the reason why I am who I am today. 

Quoting colins_mom:

I've tried prayer/turning to god.

He isn't listening.

I believe my Creator (Jeremiah 29:11) I walk forward in certainty that my life is secure.

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM

i never said he didnt answer...just for me the answer is always no...

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I'm sorry there is not much more that I can say to help. Jesus too helps those who are willing to help themselves. And believes His promises wholeheartedly. I hope you keep my words with you as your journey in life continues - Maybe one day it will all make sense. Remember; Your thoughts are powerful. May the Lord Bless You and Keep you for all the days of your life long. You'll be in my prayers; Jesus (God) answers all of my prayers <3 Goodnight, love.

Quoting colins_mom:

i have been praying for almost 10 years for one thing: for this feeling to go away. it never has.  it gets worse and worse and worse. i pray for happiness and for a short while i will get it and things will be great. but i havent been happy for longer than 3 months at a time and then something happens and things go right back to hell. i am so sick and tired of being so damn optimistic all the time only to be disapointed. trust me i know god answers prayers but never getting the answer you need kind of wears you down. i want my life to be where i want it to be and yet it seems like anytime i am able to get to where i want to be for this point in my life i get smacked in the face and end up right back at the begining. i am sick and tired of this feeling of drowning, despair, and hopelessness. i want some sort of comfort and i cant seem to find it. i cant pay my bills, because i have to work all the damn time i dont have the time to do my school work so i am failing half of my classes... there is no light at the end of my tunnel....

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I promise you sweetheart, He does listen. You have to trust Him, you have to believe that He hears you. It took me 8 long months before I realized He answered my prayer, be patient. Do not grow weary or lose heart, don't give up. Jesus says; Lay your requests before me, and wait in expectation." Give God at least 5 minutes of your everyday, 20 seconds even, speak to Him in prayer as if He is your very best friend, because He is. He is the lover of your soul. I would have took me longer if I didn't choose to see it for what it really was; My answered prayer, He has blessed me countless times, beyond measure. He will reveal Himself. Jesus says; Trust me, and don't be afraid. I am your strength, your song and your salvation. As you pursue peace by pursuing Jesus, you'll find you are holding the true key to living the good life. Whenever He feels distant to you, you say; "Surely the Lord is in this place." He will send you thoughts, they will silently form in the deep depths of your being. You cannot rush this process, it will keep you separated from Him. Tune your heart to hear these messages; They are words of life. Jesus says; I will do, I am the Lord, the creator of all the universe. Nothing is impossible with and for Jesus (God) Father God Almighty, He is The Alpha Omega <3 I love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. He is the reason why I am who I am today. 

Quoting colins_mom:

He isn't listening.

sarah427
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM
I'm not gonna tell you some hard to reach, hard to do cure-all. I'll tell you what helps me get through each day, and maybe you can use some of it too. First, you have to find your own personal foundation for happiness. If it's faith in God, maybe accept that He's not going to take away your depression, but He will be with you every step of the way? If it's your child, make an activity you can do with him. I like to put silly music on and jump around with my kids. They're dancing and laughing and giggling...and it's contagious! If your accomPlishments make you happy make a list... Or life has thrown you fifty curve balls, write down how many times you were strong and didn't quit. Reading, music, whatever it is for you put it in every day even if only for 20 minutes! Oh, and you might not like this suggestion, but it works-exercise! It causes the good chemicals/endorphins and gives you energy. Why not battle a chemical imbalance with an action that creates balance...

I still have bad days, but I write down five things I love, that make me feel happy when I'm in the moment...and I have the memory of happiness going through my mind. It does help because you know each day is another that you can experience those things in...

If you ever need to talk on a more personal level, message me. I can't promise peppy or relies, but if you want encouragement that's logical, I'm your gal! It's all that keeps me grounded and sane! :)
.Angel.Eyes.
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I heard you :) You also said "He isn't listening." Where's your faith?

When you do what you can do, He will show up and do what you can't.

This is not Heaven, you are not meant to be fully satisfied here on earth. You are to endure this life and prevail with greatness. This life is a test, a test of endurance!

Rest assure, you will find success, just like me.

Quoting colins_mom:

i never said he didnt answer...just for me the answer is always no...

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting colins_mom:

He isn't listening.

I believe my Creator (Jeremiah 29:11) I walk forward in certainty that my life is secure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN