Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoking mothers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
2 moms liked this

I confess I have no respect for woman who smoke cigs while they are pregnant. It's pathetic and low class. I smoked 1 pack a day before my dd and quit the day I found out and same goes for my ds and I have not started up after quiting the second time. It causes huge problems in birth and EVERY baby born to this addiction suffers from the withdrawl after birth. Shame.

go ahead and lets see how you defend your ignorance. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM
10 moms liked this
I think it is gross to smoke at all. Pregnant or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beethann
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to know too! Shame on women who smoke while pregnant!! 

DejaVooDoo
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I understand where you are coming from. I gave up smoking when I was pregnant with both my kids. But I do know quite a few women who continued smoking throughout their pregnancies. Personally, I can put myself into their shoes - Only because I realise that smoking is an addiction; both physically and psychologically. I started up both times after giving birth within weeks, so it wasn't quite so easy for me. 

There isn't any reason for me to justify any person smoking, pregnant or not. But the best avenue and especially for a pregnant woman is to seek addiction counselling and support. Without it there is less chance of nicotine rehabilitation.

kjglpg
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM
13 moms liked this
I smoked through out all 3 of mine. I was told to not quit but cut back and I did. I was down to 3 a day. Im very proud of myself for being able to cut down so much. Kudos to you for quitting. I just couldnt do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you :)

I feel the same way about those who smoke around children, especially while in the vehicle.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389056_308471722514215_203543573007031_1178644_997686054_n.jpg
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:50 PM
16 moms liked this

*shrugs* Meh..... *lights ciggie*

You were sayin'?

busy.mamax3
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I also think it's disgusting. But they can damage their health as much as they want as long as it's not done in front of me or my kids.

adkmommy
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM
i believe my Mon did when was pregnant with me. I was born in 1971. They didn't know much about it back then. I was born six weeks premature.
PEEK05
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Totally agree

PEEK05
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Then they say "I roll my window down."

Who cares? That doesn't help at all. My dad is a chain smoker and many times we'd be in the back seat and he would roll his window down. Well awesome. Every time he flicked his cigarette, the ashes would fly in our faces. It didn't help the smoke either. I always felt like I was suffocating around him. I stopped visiting him as soon as I could speak up for myself.

Quoting Randi02:

I agree with you :)

I feel the same way about those who smoke around children, especially while in the vehicle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured