Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

About Michelle Duggar, again

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM
  • 93 Replies
7 moms liked this

I would never have 20 children. I would not be able to handle it. I am able to take care of the 3 I have, and it's not easy. How does this woman do it?

When you watch 20 kids and Counting, the kids all look clean, the house is clean. It looks like the older children pitch in a lot in terms of housecleaning as well as babysitting the younger ones. But I haven't noticed Michelle having another adult helping her, and clearly she's got her hands full. Plus doesn't she homeschool all these kids?

I wonder how  often she takes a shower, if she ever sleeps through the night , and if this woman ever gets time alone. I wonder how her and her husband even get time alone to keep getting her pregnant!

She truly is blessed, and I wish I had the same amount of faith as she has.

by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbasmom0917
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Like like like

i.heart.nerds
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM
She miscarried baby number 20 :(
LoveMyKBabies
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM
4 moms liked this

If I had enough money to support more kids, I probably would have had more. I love my kids, they are the best thing I ever did. 4 was my limit though. I just hope she takes care of herself for awhile & doesn't get pregnant again immediately.

Cochise
by Dawn on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I have a lot of patience but not enough to have twenty children of my own...

wiersma98
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM
12 moms liked this

I hope she and her husband look at the miscarriage of this last pregnancy as what it is:  a warning sign that womens' bodies aren't made to carry that many babies, that close together.    After the last one was SO premature, the loss of this one wasn't a shocker.   They owe it to the children they already have to STOP having more, before Michelle loses her own life.

MiCHELLEx
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
I feel bad for her, especially for losing her baby at 5 months! I never watched the show, but from what you just said, she seems like she's a REALLY good mother.. I can't imagine how hard it would be! I would never have 19 kids, but she must be the most patient person EVER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
17 moms liked this

So, at this point, anyone who says anything not wonderful about the Duggars is going to be unforgivingly bashed because of their unfortunate loss...

I'll bite, though.

I am VERY sorry for their loss, but I absolutely disagree with what they do.  I DO NOT think they deserved this loss in any way.  I support their right to do it, I think the way the bring up their family is terrible.  

Michelle doesn't get up with the little one's at night for the most part.  Once they're pawned off on their "buddy" once they're weaned, it's the buddy's job.  She has a crew of kids to do all the housework, so I'm sure she rarely has to do much at all other than (poorly) school the kids (which the buddies are also responsible for).

It is miraculous how well the children are turning out, but I wonder what's going to happen to the first one to leave the fold.  I would LOVE for one of those girls to shave her head, put on a pair of her brothers jeans and declare herself a lesbian!  I'm sure it won't happen though... they're brainwashed into thinking their destiny is to become like their mother.

mrstefer
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel very bad for her. It doesn't matter how many kids she has she lost a baby and that is a horrible thing. I have four kids and we are trying for number 5. I have had tons of people tell me we should Wang more but it's my choice. We support our kids our self. Our kids are loved and well behaved and I see nothing wrong with wanting a 5th one. My husbands family thinks we are nuts because none of them have more that 1 child each but I could care less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

The children are taught they are responsible for each other so i am going to bet she gets more sleep....more peace and more showers than a new mom of 2 or 3 get because she has an army of helpers.  so sorry to hear about her miscarriage but at her age thats really common ( I know all the stats as I had my DD at 44 and the Drs drilled them in my head)

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
6 moms liked this

How do you know that's what it is? You're not God, are you? If so, I have a few questions for you...

She also miscarried her second pregnancy. Was that a sign to stop as well? Who are you to determine this? You're nobody. Just a self righteous mom trying to tell other moms how to live their lives. Just because you are not quiverfull yourself, doesn't mean others are not. 

Quoting wiersma98:

I hope she and her husband look at the miscarriage of this last pregnancy as what it is:  a warning sign that womens' bodies aren't made to carry that many babies, that close together.    After the last one was SO premature, the loss of this one wasn't a shocker.   They owe it to the children they already have to STOP having more, before Michelle loses her own life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN