Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

About Michelle Duggar, again

Posted by   + Show Post

I would never have 20 children. I would not be able to handle it. I am able to take care of the 3 I have, and it's not easy. How does this woman do it?

When you watch 20 kids and Counting, the kids all look clean, the house is clean. It looks like the older children pitch in a lot in terms of housecleaning as well as babysitting the younger ones. But I haven't noticed Michelle having another adult helping her, and clearly she's got her hands full. Plus doesn't she homeschool all these kids?

I wonder how  often she takes a shower, if she ever sleeps through the night , and if this woman ever gets time alone. I wonder how her and her husband even get time alone to keep getting her pregnant!

She truly is blessed, and I wish I had the same amount of faith as she has.

by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Replies (91-93):
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM

My grandmother came from a family of 15 children, and my mother from 6, and I from a family of 6. I don't think her house should be trashed, but kids are not adults who can always put things away neatly. The very nature of children is always a little messy. I would bet then, that the older children, the grandmother and the mom probably all pitch in to clean.

I wasn't questioning them. But I think it was common in the old days for other family members to help out, some by living there and some by living close by. I have 3 children myself and would have more if I were younger. I have a lot of respect for Michelle's ability to handle all these children. She always seems so calm amidst these children who seem so clean and generally well mannered.

Quoting pinkysmommy720:

Grandma Dugger lives there with them and helps out. If you watch on the show she homeschools the younger ones while the older ones are working on their lessons on the computer. People wonder how she does it, but what about our grandmothers, great grandmothers, etc who had 12, 15, 18 or 20 kids? No one questions them, how do you think they did it? Are you expecting that a house that has that many people should be trashed? I would think that she had taught her children that you clean up after yourself as I teach my children.  Hence the reason the the house is clean.  They get so much flack bc of how many kids they have because they decided to be on tv, but no one takes into account how many other families in this country or other countries are this big or bigger.

kittysRcute7
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Does anyone know if she did natural births with all 19 children?

pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM

She has had several c/sections (not sure of exact number). Not sure if she has any any unmedicated births or not.

Quoting kittysRcute7:

Does anyone know if she did natural births with all 19 children?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)