Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worst advice ever.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
What is the worst advice someone has ever given you? One of my friends told me DH and I should have another kid (DD is 2 and my only kid) right now. That the economy isn't so bad and that my DD is old enough for us to have another kid. This wouldn't be so bad if she didn't tell me she plans on living off of goverment assistance and she is living with with her parents with her DH and her 2 kids. She told me I should do that too. DH and I have our own place, with no goverment assistance. I get that it is there to be used, but I don't plan on living off of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
evillette
by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I was raped when my twins were just over a year old. I had made plans to have an open adoption. when my mom (whom i dont trust or have a relationship with) found out she tore me up and down for weeks for choosing adoption but once she found out that the baby would not be caucasion she threated to disown me and my kids if i kept the baby and disgraced her family. Advice to keep the advice not to.  I stuck to my decision for an open adoption and 4 years later i still have a relationship with him and his mom and dad. 

An exciting lover to a great man/fiancee, mother of twins Wayde and Tatum, stepmom to Madison and a birthmother with an open adoption plan. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2011 at 10:53 PM
*Hugs momma* You did the best decision for yourself and your babies. People are just awful.

Quoting evillette:

I was raped when my twins were just over a year old. I had made plans to have an open adoption. when my mom (whom i dont trust or have a relationship with) found out she tore me up and down for weeks for choosing adoption but once she found out that the baby would not be caucasion she threated to disown me and my kids if i kept the baby and disgraced her family. Advice to keep the advice not to.  I stuck to my decision for an open adoption and 4 years later i still have a relationship with him and his mom and dad. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)