Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a helicopter parent?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM
  • 38 Replies

When I drop my kids off at school every morning it's this one lady that gets out the car and hold up the whole line, by opening the door for her kids, and putting on their coats, amd watching them walk to the front door, lol. We drop them off at the door they just have to walk up to it. Everyone in the line has to sit and wait while she does this. It's only one way to drive in and drop them off.  I be like lady drive off, lol.

*Edit*

Also, if you come like after 7:25 am they have teachers that walk up and open your car door to get your kids out. I guess that's why she comes before then, so she can get her own kids out.

by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:33 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm in the middle! I would so be that woman who has to watch her kids go in the door, you never know what can happen between the car and the door. LOL!

As long as I am with my kids then I'm more of a free range but I have a lot of trouble trusting other people with my kids. Which is a reason we home-school. LOL!

stellarmom1
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Does she do this in the kiss and ride line? How annoying! If she wants to do all that, she should park and walk them up. We walk to school so I just walk ds in. I wouldn't say I'm a helicopter parent but I walk him into school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:35 AM

LOL, the door isn't that far. At least she can pull up and let us go by.

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:36 AM

What is the kiss and ride line? LOL.

Quoting stellarmom1:

Does she do this in the kiss and ride line? How annoying! If she wants to do all that, she should park and walk them up. We walk to school so I just walk ds in. I wouldn't say I'm a helicopter parent but I walk him into school.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

NO. It is not healthy for your kids. My son needs confidence and the only way to gain that is to make mistakes, do things on is own, and overall just be him.  He is a great kid. I take him to school and he walks in on his own.  He gives me a kiss before getting out of the car.  

debbie26
by Debbie on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, My psychologist said i was but I'm not that extreme to watch her walk to the door when i drop her off.....

They have like 5 teachers out there when i drop her off, She will be ok and its only a one way line as well

Shes my only child i can be a lil protective but i can loosen the strings to, to let her be a child......

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I have an only child.  It is good to loosen up a little.  I found my son found his confidence in school and life.  He realized how much he could do without me there all the time.  

Quoting debbie26:

LOL, My psychologist said i was but I'm not that extreme to watch her walk to the door when i drop her off.....

They have like 5 teachers out there when i drop her off, She will be ok and its only a one way line as well

Shes my only child i can be a lil protective but i can loosen the strings to, to let her be a child......

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM

My son isnt school age so im taking notes on what not to do next year lol  number101#don't walk him in the door and hold up other moms. check! got it :)

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Right now, I have to park, get out, walk my son to his class, sign him in...he's in Pre-k and it's school policy. I'll have to do it next year for Keaton too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

laughing

Quoting brettsmomma:

My son isnt school age so im taking notes on what not to do next year lol  number101#don't walk him in the door and hold up other moms. check! got it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)