Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Living full time in an rv with two kids and two dogs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I confess....Im a total failure.Im living in a 21 foot rv with my husband, my two kids, and my two dogs. Im so depressed all I can do is cry. Im so stressed out too. Im sorry Im just venting, I have noone else to talk to.My husband thinks this living situation is awesome and doesnt understand me. My husband says this is great to be independant (not living with friends or family) and that its not so bad. There is snow on the ground, the warmest it gets in in the 40's during the day. My van just broke down, dont think its fixable either.My son is going to have to switch school districts because of our move. Mydaughter (preschooler) wont be able to go to school anymore due to lack of transpertation.Its almost christmas and we are finacially screwed. We have no way to get to a job even if we had one notranspertation. And there is no bus system here. We are inbetween two towns both 5 miles away in either direction. We have the basics as of now-heat,water,clothes ,food,ect. Life sucks,I feel bad for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have family anywhere close by? i would go stay with them. if my hubby wanted to stay in the rv then fine but me and the kids would be somewhere far more appropriate. your kids could get sick from it being cold like that. *hugs* i hope it gets better for you and your kids. 

grey7399
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:56 PM
3 moms liked this

damn!!  but you've got 4g cell service!

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Use this as the bottom step in a long staircase going up.. You can raise yourself up from this. I would talk to your husband and let him know that this is not ok for you. That something needs to give.. but even after you do that take matters into your own hands. First things first is to find a job. Even if it means leaving the place you are at now and staying at a shelter in a city with employment. Go to your local welfare office and sign up for living assistance and job placement.

The worse thing you can do now is allow yourself to feel bad and then get stuck in a rut. you can do this!!! good luck :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:59 PM
:\ really? So an extra $60 a month is going to help her out? Or maybe she's using wifi. Either way, you shouldn't make assumptions

Quoting grey7399:

damn!!  but you've got 4g cell service!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Yep I would rather live with family (which I did and my mom and I do NOT do good living together for very long lol Visits are about as much as we can stand to be around each other lol) which I had to do when my ex got discharged from the military. I would rather stay with family than live in those conditions. And I agree he wants to stay let him you go stay with family or something until you can get on your feet. Good luck momma I hope something works out for you soon!

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

Do you have family anywhere close by? i would go stay with them. if my hubby wanted to stay in the rv then fine but me and the kids would be somewhere far more appropriate. your kids could get sick from it being cold like that. *hugs* i hope it gets better for you and your kids. 

CafeMom Tickers
mrstheriault
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

don't feel like a failure... that would actually be my prefered way of living. i'll admit i'd get a bigger rv though.  are your kids alive, dressed, fed, and warm? from what you said, yes! today's expectations from society have skewed what's really important in life. you have what you need. i do hope that you'll get to what you're more comfortable with for your own sake, but don't feel like you failed. my parents want to live mobile as well. it's a pretty cool option i think. (might be the bohemian gypsy blood in me) :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM
My mom and I dont get along at all. The only family I have here is my grandma. She is 82 and wouldnt be able to handle my kids very long. My kids are 5 and 6. Even if I did go live with my grandma, my son would still have to move school districts because of location. I cant apply for hud because nowhere in this county will accept pets. And my husbands cell is not 4 g . My husband insists we have a phone for emergencies. My personal cell phone is turned off btw. How do I get through this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for your kind words

Quoting mrstheriault:

don't feel like a failure... that would actually be my prefered way of living. i'll admit i'd get a bigger rv though.  are your kids alive, dressed, fed, and warm? from what you said, yes! today's expectations from society have skewed what's really important in life. you have what you need. i do hope that you'll get to what you're more comfortable with for your own sake, but don't feel like you failed. my parents want to live mobile as well. it's a pretty cool option i think. (might be the bohemian gypsy blood in me) :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM

I hope that things get better for your family soon and that you can get in to  a better place

MissLeanna
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:36 PM
My dad and sister live in a RV:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)